Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Overrated

Re: Most Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Ribs. I think ribs are overrated. Sloppy, too much work for the amount of actual sustenance.

What I think might be most underrated is a chocolate milk shake from UDF.
    Yes!

I always get made fun of whenever I give my opinion of ribs.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Cigars. There was a point in my life where I really wanted to be an aficionado, but its way too expensive for what it is. I can have one once in a blue moon, but its not the experience some make into into be.

Edit: That being said, my profile pic is not indicative of my lifestyle.
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    On that note, I vote crab legs. Too much work, too little meat.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    The thought had crossed my mind, but then I remembered what a blue crab tastes like and I had to back off. Also, it's possible with practice to make quick work of eating crab legs, but if I had my druthers I'd always go with soft shell.

You could almost say the same about shell fish and shrimp, too. I spent some serious hours on vacation this year de-heading, peeling and de-veining fresh shrimp and shucking oysters. Altogether, not a lot of meat there, but dang it was some good stuff.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Cars. Trains, planes, boats are all cooler than you cars.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

After reading the discussion on Radiohead and DMB, I have decided that anything Rolling Stone Magazine promotes is overrated. I like some Radiohead and all of the old DMB, but they aren't the modern day answer to The Beatles and Pink Floyd...oh no, Rolling Stone probably liked them too. So they aren't the modern day answer to Black Sabbath and Deep Purple (I know Rolling Stone didn't love them).
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

Fun thread - glad you dug it up from the past. I find there are two things that guys (pre)tend to love that don't live up to the hype for me. Steak and Strip clubs.

Steak: I expect this to be an unpopular choice. It's not that I don't like steak, but I rarely ever get the satisfaction I feel I should given the price I pay. That, by definition, is overrated. (or I guess overpriced.) I tend to enjoy the sides better than the actual steak, and find that I'm usually happier with the pork chop at half the price.

Strip bars / gentlemen's clubs: Otherwise known as money pits. As much as I appreciate female beauty, and find myself incapable of looking away when an attractive woman crosses my line of sight, I derive no pleasure out of the staged performance where I'm expected to throw away cash. To me it's a simple ROI equation. I'd rather spend my money on the golf course.

A couple of others on my list...

Designer jeans. I had a friend reveal that he spent almost $200 on a pair of jeans. I could follow someone for 10 miles on the same sidewalk and not be able to tell you if s/he were wearing $20 jeans or $200 jeans. Does not compute.

Bluetooth. I read review upon review before buying a bluetooth compatible device. I drive a lot so I like to keep my hands free when I talk. Every ear piece I've purchased let me down, and usually it's the quality on the other end of the line. I can hear everything crystal clear, but the person on the other side can't hear me well. Disappointing. Overrated.
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

Designer jeans. I had a friend reveal that he spent almost $200 on a pair of jeans. I could follow someone for 10 miles on the same sidewalk and not be able to tell you if s/he were wearing $20 jeans or $200 jeans. Does not compute.
    Along these lines are the latest Jordan's or LeBron's, etc. 200 plus for a pair of shoes? Normally ugly shoes at that. No, thanks.

The Black Keys

Doing stuff other guys have been doing for 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Along these lines are the latest Jordan's or LeBron's, etc. 200 plus for a pair of shoes? Normally ugly shoes at that. No, thanks.
    I would go on a tangent of why high-end jeans are, at times, one thing worth spending good money on, but I don't know that this is really the right crowd for it.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I would go on a tangent of why high-end jeans are, at times, one thing worth spending good money on, but I don't know that this is really the right crowd for it.
    I think it's the perfect forum. Maybe I consider them overrated because I haven't been presented with all the facts. I say, present!
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    The Black Keys

Doing stuff other guys have been doing for 50 years.
    I agree. But that is exactly why they are necessary. My students are always excited when I play them in class and I try to use them as a gateway into other good stuff, both old and new.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Women dressing women?

Funny thing about clothes, you can pay 10 times as much for basically the same thing. Except it's not the same thing. There are subtle differences in cut, fit, material, etc... that can make a world of difference. One XL tee-shirt will make me feel like like a fat slob, another XL tee will make me feel like Joe Adonis. What's the difference? Can't put my finger on it.

Also, the first tee-shirt's a liar.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

*Hot fudge sundaes.

Hot fudge is too thick and gummy and melts the ice cream. Give me plain chocolate sauce any way.

*NBC's previous "must see" Thursday night lineup.

Sorry, I never cared for "Friends" or "Will & Grace." IMHO, in a perfect world, "Friends" and "Will & Grace" would have both died quickly, and quality sitcoms such as "Freaks And Geeks" would have lasted longer than 3/4 of a season.

As for "ER," it wasn't revolutionary at all. IMHO,"St. Elsewhere" featured a much better cast with less melodrama, which is always a plus.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Generally speaking, I like ribs. But Montgomery Inn ribs are very overrated. And being treated like cattle is even worse.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Generally speaking, I like ribs. But Montgomery Inn ribs are very overrated. And being treated like cattle is even worse.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?