Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Griffey's Homerun

Griffey's Homerun

With the camera on Griffey after his homerun he looks up into the stands and yells something at somebody. Reading his lips it looked a little like **** you. Did anybody else see this or am I going crazy.
    Last edited by macro; 07-27-2008 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Masked profanity
    We'll win it all next year...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Griffey's Homerun

Yeah he said it. Furthermore, whatever ticked him off worked to the Reds advantage with that play he just made at the plate.
    Last edited by Root Down; 07-26-2008 at 09:16 PM.

I just lost a ton of respect for him on that. Im not offended, just always considered him a class act untill then. You'd think a 19 year major league veteran could keep his cool regardless of what the some fan said to him. I am a high school coach, and would have been fired for reacting the way he did...

He may have been yelling it at bgwilly.Anyone know if he went to the game tonight? LOL
    Last edited by Lockdwn11; 07-26-2008 at 10:54 PM.

I think it was the cubs A ball pitcher who made it to the game after posting bond at $50,000. Upon the cubs release, the Reds picked him up thinking that any pitcher that can miss an entire dugout from only 25 feet away totally belongs on our pitching staff.

:griffey:

(Fingers Crossed)
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

Whoever he said it to probably deserved that and a lot more.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Whoever he said it to probably deserved that and a lot more.
    thats not the point imo, being a 19 year vet, he should have more composure than that. that is something you would expect out of a rookie, not an all century player. there are going to be clowns in the seats, thats just part of the game, but they aren't the ones that look bad, it's junior, and he should know that.

I was sitting in the 4th row behind the plate (diamond seats) and while Griffey was in the warmup deck, one of the fans started jawing at him and Griffey clearly was upset and jawed back at him. I think this might have had something to do with it. I was surprised, because Junior usually doesn't get that upset. I think the fan went a little too far, so it was probably deserved.
    Who's on first?

Ok guys I went to the game and I have some insight on this situation. When the first ball was hit to Griffey tonight dropped in front of him, a guy in front of us yelled at Griff. After that Griff wouldn't throw or anything for the rest of the game ( between innings). The next inning Griffey hit the home run. He then comes back out and the guy is still yelling at Griff (although he kept mixing it up between hatin on Griff and lovin on Griff). I mean the guy actually liked Griffey (he was wearing a Griff jersey) but at times if he didn't like what Griff was doin he would throw some off the wall comments to Griff. Then the next ball that was hit to Griff in the air was caught, Griffey looked at the guy and grabbed his crotch ( a heres what I think of you by Griffey). Griff was obviously pissed off for most of this game. I think it was because of this guy, but I don't know if his homerun gesture was to him since the guy was sitting out near right field. Take it for what it is worth.
    Jack Eliot: I'm a World Series MVP!
    Skip: That was four years ago, Jack. Last season, you hit .235.
    Jack Eliot: LAST SEASON, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!

---Mr. Baseball 1992

Quote Originally Posted by tommycash View Post
    Ok guys I went to the game and I have some insight on this situation. When the first ball was hit to Griffey tonight dropped in front of him, a guy in front of us yelled at Griff. After that Griff wouldn't throw or anything for the rest of the game ( between innings). The next inning Griffey hit the home run. He then comes back out and the guy is still yelling at Griff (although he kept mixing it up between hatin on Griff and lovin on Griff). I mean the guy actually liked Griffey (he was wearing a Griff jersey) but at times if he didn't like what Griff was doin he would throw some off the wall comments to Griff. Then the next ball that was hit to Griff in the air was caught, Griffey looked at the guy and grabbed his crotch ( a heres what I think of you by Griffey). Griff was obviously pissed off for most of this game. I think it was because of this guy, but I don't know if his homerun gesture was to him since the guy was sitting out near right field. Take it for what it is worth.

I was at the game and seen the exact thing your talking about....the fan was heckling griff for letting the ball int eh first inning drop and then the one between he and Jay B. I thiink the posters are referring to griff yelling at someone around the dugout area.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    thats not the point imo, being a 19 year vet, he should have more composure than that. that is something you would expect out of a rookie, not an all century player. there are going to be clowns in the seats, thats just part of the game, but they aren't the ones that look bad, it's junior, and he should know that.
    I think Reds fans are the ones that wind up looking bad. Just ask anyone who follows baseball who is not a Reds fan: Who is worse? Ken Griffey, Jr., or Reds fans who have repeatedly hounded Junior with racial slurs, heckled him while he lay injured, and dogged him in spite of whatever success he had?
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Griffey over the years has shown himself many many times to lack composure. He mixes it up with fans a lot. He interacts with him. I've seen him drop several F-bombs to fans this year alone. You just don't do it.

Griffey isn't class. He is a fraud for allowing people to think that. He should be ashamed of himself.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

I can honestly say, I would probably lose my composure with some of these fans.

I was upset when the crowd started booing Homer when he left the game. My section clapped for him. He's a 21 year old kid.
    Who's on first?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    I think Reds fans are the ones that wind up looking bad. Just ask anyone who follows baseball who is not a Reds fan: Who is worse? Ken Griffey, Jr., or Reds fans who have repeatedly hounded Junior with racial slurs, heckled him while he lay injured, and dogged him in spite of whatever success he had?
    Hear hear. I hate that a vocal minority has completely turned us from a good baseball town to the Midwest version of Philly. The trash yelled at the ballpark these days is inexcusable.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Turn Off Ads?