Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cody Ross, Anyone?

Cody Ross, Anyone?

John Perrotto of BP says that the Fish would be willing to move Ross for a bullpen arm. Any interest in reacquiring Cody?
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cody Ross, Anyone?

yes.. he would be a good addition for the 2009 outfield picture.. Affedlt for him? or bray?

One good Ross deserves another. Send them David and call up Hannigan for a 2nd half audition

Might just have been easier to keep him rather than giving him away.

Not if it requires Burton or Roenicke. Anyone else though would be fine.

It depends on which bullpen arm you would have to give up.
    He could be useful if both Dunn and Griffey are gone next season.

.258 .308 .502, in 302 PA's this year.

Nice SLG, rest doesn't really impresses.

I wouldn't want to go into 2009 with a couple of Ross type players to go with Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    .258 .308 .502, in 302 PA's this year.

Nice SLG, rest doesn't really impresses.

I wouldn't want to go into 2009 with a couple of Ross type players to go with Bruce.
    Jerry Hairston is this year's Cody Ross. Ross road his .374 BABIP in '07 into a pretty nice 200 PAs, but surprisingly that wasn't sustainable. He does have power and that probably makes him more valuable than Hairston, but Ross makes a lot of outs.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Jerry Hairston is this year's Cody Ross. Ross road his .374 BABIP in '07 into a pretty nice 200 PAs, but surprisingly that wasn't sustainable. He does have power and that probably makes him more valuable than Hairston, but Ross makes a lot of outs.
    But maybe this is really his breakout season! We could lock him up for a few years and finally fix that CF problem! It's gonna be awesome!
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

he might be available on waivers.

I wouldn't mind Cody Ross as a 4th outfielder but nothing more than that.

I thought from day 1 getting rid of him for nothing was a mistake. I never understood that. It was actually a nice pick up for nothing, but we let him go so naaaa. you lose.
    I wouldn't trade Affelt. I'd like to see us sign him again. He's been a nice addition to the pen.

Reds1, I agree totally. Kid looked to me like a better player than Kearns from the very beginning. I just consider it one of those many moves Wayne seemed to make just to be doing something. At least Walt hasn't shown that tendency!

We really need the Reds looking to obtain league average players if I understood the stats guys correctly on the board here, and I have the utmost faith in their work. Is Cody Ross league average? .

I'd say same for Cantu. Very nice ball player and we had him and just let him go. Pretty nice righty. Just think Dunn and Griffey gone then Votto to LF and Cantu can play 1B. Pretty nice replacement. Cody Ross could have been in the mix for 4th OF and a spot start, but alas are these the guys to put us over the top no, but they both improve this bench and both could start if we had injuries and do very well. I like Cantu too, but we're talking about Ross.

Turn Off Ads?