Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why couldn't Krivsky get Dunn traded and why aren't clubs interested in him now?

Why couldn't Krivsky get Dunn traded and why aren't clubs interested in him now?

I believe G.M's are looking at the wrong part of Adam Dunn.

Instead of looking at the .230 hitter who hits poorly with RISP and plays questionable defense, they should be looking at how many runs Dunn creates per 27 outs.

Dunn's currently ranked 20th in all of MLB at 7.47 Runs Created per 27 Outs.

To put that in perspective Josh Hamilton is at 7.27, but of course plays better defense.

But, Manny Ramirez is a joke defensively in the Outfied, and his RC/27 outs is similar to Dunn's at 7.55.

Yet, any hint of Ramirez being available gets the attention of seemingly every contending G.M. out there.

Runs Created per 27 outs might have it's flaws, but it's got to be a better way to look at Dunn's value than homeruns, or batting average, or RBI's, or his Defense.

Someone's not doing a good job of showing the value that Dunn has right now. He's in his prime, and his stats this year support this. Yes, there's reports out there from MLB scouts that his bat speed is already in decline, but even if it is, he's adjusted in other areas to maintain his RC/27 outs.

20th in all of baseball in this category is an ungodly number. 16 teams have nobody who is creating 7.47 Runs per 27 Outs at all. And, he's even hotter in July than that the last month.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 07-28-2008 at 07:39 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Why couldn't Krivsky get Dunn traded and why aren't clubs interested in him now?

I think they are looking at what the Reds are asking for, and at the fact that Dunn is a two month rental player, moreso than he being a poor player. If the Reds really wanted to trade him, they could get it done. Just lower the asking price and they would have a deal.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Re: Why couldn't Krivsky get Dunn traded and why aren't clubs interested in him now?

Then why don't we just advocate keeping him?
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    My thoughts exactly!

Lets sign him a keep on losing whoo hoo.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

His bat speed is dropping......yet he is tied for the NL lead in homeruns. Im betting theres alot of players who wish there bat would slow down like that.

Resign dunn. The biggest problem with our offense the last few years is that the only source of power has been dunn. Now with bruce, votto, encarnacion, phillips that has changed and as those guys develop we wont have to depend on one player to carry us. If dunns in a slump one of the other players can pick it up for him.

when griffey is healthy he score and creates runs a clip equal to that of dunn.. and up until this last month or so he was still an upgrade on dunns defense.. now they are a wash, with a slight lean maybe toward dunn.. not because he is improving that much, but because griffeys has declined that much..

soo dont tell me he is the only source of power on this team..

They can't trade Dunn becasue nobody is willing to give up anything for him. That should tell you something about him. Dunn has been on a hot streak, so according to his career trends up to this point, he is due for a prolonged slump.

It's possible that a team could trade for him now and he hit only about 10 more HR's the rest of the way. That would be getting a one trick pony minus the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhhorsepoo View Post
    when griffey is healthy he score and creates runs a clip equal to that of dunn.. and up until this last month or so he was still an upgrade on dunns defense.. now they are a wash, with a slight lean maybe toward dunn.. not because he is improving that much, but because griffeys has declined that much..

Now you are REALLY out there, with your um, "sarcasm"...

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Lets sign him a keep on losing whoo hoo.
    Do you really think Adam Dunn is the reason why we've been losing the past few years? If anything, he's one of the few bright spots.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Do you really think Adam Dunn is the reason why we've been losing the past few years? If anything, he's one of the few bright spots.
    I think that Dunn and Griffey are the leaders of the team and thus they contribute to the losing attitude. Dunn is a good offensive player, I realize that, but I think its time to move on and do something else. I am tired of seeing a team with no heart and I think Dunn has something to do with that.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

I think we are just asking too much for Dunn.. we value him too much which is a blessing in disguise because I really hope I see big 44 in Reds Red next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhhorsepoo View Post

He is the only source of power on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I think that Dunn and Griffey are the leaders of the team and thus they contribute to the losing attitude. Dunn is a good offensive player, I realize that, but I think its time to move on and do something else. I am tired of seeing a team with no heart and I think Dunn has something to do with that.
    If only the Reds problem was not enough "heart"....

That's such a tiresome cop-out to the real problem: NOT ENOUGH TALENT.

Get rid of Dunn and that problem becomes even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Fil3232 View Post
    If only the Reds problem was not enough "heart"....

That's such a tiresome cop-out to the real problem: NOT ENOUGH TALENT.

Get rid of Dunn and that problem becomes even worse.
    Agreed 100%.

If Heart=Pitching, then yes, we need more Heart.

I don't care how much HEART you have, if the other teams drops 23 on you in a 3 game series, you're still doing something wrong with your roster in terms of SKILL in the NON-position players.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Turn Off Ads?