Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Reds Related Rumors

Re: Reds Related Rumors

ESPN.com

Marlins chasing relievers

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 | Print Entry

Posted by Jerry Crasnick

The Miami Herald is reporting that the Marlins might be close to a deal for lefty reliever Arthur Rhodes. If so, it would cross one potential suitor off the list for Reds reliever Jeremy Affeldt.

Florida recently dispatched a scout to look at both Affeldt and righty David Weathers -- both of whom could be available for the right price.
    ----

I actually didn't have any idea that Rhodes was still in the league.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

What is the right price for a 38 year old reliever who's going to be a free agent, who, quite frankly, unitl recently, hasn't been much to right home about on the mound?

Let's be reasonable here, Reds...

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post

I actually didn't have any idea that Rhodes was still in the league.
    I thought Ron Mahay was out years ago.

trade deadline resurrects old lefty relievers. We really should be trading Kent Mercker.

Isn't it time for the Jesse Orosco rumors to start up?

Quote Originally Posted by princeton View Post
    I thought Ron Mahay was out years ago.

trade deadline resurrects old lefty relievers. We really should be trading Kent Mercker.
    I think MLB should name July 31st Terry Mulholland Day.

Jocketty: All quiet

Posted by JohnFay at 7/30/2008 5:40 PM EDT on Cincinnati.com

With the trade deadline 22 hours away, Walt Jocketty said all is quiet as far as the Reds are concerned.

"I'd be surprised if something happens," he said. "It's been pretty quiet. I've called some teams just to talk. But everyone's saying it's quiet."

There was a report out of there of interest in Adam Dunn.

"Really?" Jocketty said. "I haven't talked to anyone about him today."

The New York Yankees getting Pudge Rodriquez eliminates their need for a catcher. The fact that Kyle Farnsworth went to Detroit in the deal may mean the Yankees are looking for bullpen help.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...cincinnati.com

Standing pat.

TRADE TALK: “Nothing on the horizon, nothing serious,” said Baker. When told about the New York Yankees traded pitcher Kyle Farnsworth for catcher Ivan Rodriguez, Baker said, “Man, the Yankees are constantly reloading. Every year, they reload.”

Word out of Colorado is that the Rockies want Josh Fogg back, that Colorado is a steadying influence on him and the Rox play well behind him.

Fogg says he hasn’t heard a word from his many buddies on the Rockies.

“I heard it a lot earlier in the year when I wasn’t playing, when I was just sitting around. But nothing now. Not a peep. As far as I know, I’m pitching for the Reds Saturday in Washington.”

http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/con...incinnatireds/

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Word out of Colorado is that the Rockies want Josh Fogg back, that Colorado is a steadying influence on him and the Rox play well behind him.

Fogg says he hasn’t heard a word from his many buddies on the Rockies.

“I heard it a lot earlier in the year when I wasn’t playing, when I was just sitting around. But nothing now. Not a peep. As far as I know, I’m pitching for the Reds Saturday in Washington.”

http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/con...incinnatireds/
    This seems persistent enough to be true. I'm guessing the Rox want him for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    I'm guessing the Rox want him for nothing.
    Fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Standing pat.
    Yup and it's absolutely ludicrous. Has Walt added even 1 iota of talent to the organization since being hired to do so? Obviously the draft, but unfortunately for him it's a mandatory affair. Just the simple fact that we still have Patterson on the roster is enough of an indictment in itself. If he doesn't believe that we have a better current replacement than that in house (then we have bigger problems) then he should have signed Kenny Lofton long ago. If nothing else just DFA the guy and make it addition by subtraction.

Money is still the biggest issue with this organization believe that and BobC is just blowing smoke like all the rest about winning being the bottom line, he has just found a better way to spin it all than his predeccesors.

Welcome to the last 9 going on 10 years.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

mlb.com

Just under 24 hours until the deadline and the Reds seem poised to stand pat. SI.com reported that there might finally be some interest in Adam Dunn, but no teams were named.

"There's nothing on the horizon," Reds manager Dusty Baker said. "Nothing serious."

General manager Walt Jocketty is still on the road trip with the team in Houston and is expected to continue on to Washington after Wednesday's game.

-- Mark Sheldon

The catcher market is still the one place where nothing has moved. With the Giants willing to discuss Bengie Molina, the market spent the last 24 hours re-sorting itself. The Rangers continue to hold the strongest hand, able to sell off as many as two catchers, but not needing to deal any of them. The Reds have decided against dealing David Ross as of this morning.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...articleid=7881

High five!

MLBTR:

5:56pm: Baseball Prospectus' John Perrotto has multiple baseball sources saying the Red Sox are on the verge of sending Manny Ramirez to Florida for three players, including outfielder Mike Stanton.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    I think MLB should name July 31st Terry Mulholland Day.
    That right there is the Post of the Year.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?