Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Reds Related Rumors

Re: Reds Related Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    The Reds have decided against dealing David Ross as of this morning.
    And I have decided that I am definitely NOT going to hook up with Mary Louise Parker.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

This organization is just boring all the way around

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    So. You'd like to have Jim Bowden back then. He was anything but boring.

Rem

The Bengals' first round pick is holding out, and the Reds are doing nothing productive at the trade deadline. Welcome to July in Cincinnati!

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    And I have decided that I am definitely NOT going to hook up with Mary Louise Parker.
    I like to do this at the bar. "Sorry ladies, Rojo is off the market". They don't show it, but I know it drives 'em nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by top6 View Post
    The Bengals' first round pick is holding out, and the Reds are doing nothing productive at the trade deadline. Welcome to July in Cincinnati!

I have a couple deadline wishes for today:

1. If the Rays are serious about Dunn, I ask for SS Reid Brignac and one of Jeff Niemann/Jeremy Hellickson. This is rumored to be what the Rays are asking for Bay so Walt should ask for that same package. This deal gives the Reds a young SS with big bat potential and a guy in Jeff Niemann who could step into the 5th starter role right now.

2. Acquire a young catcher from the Rangers. Offer Homer Bailey + prospects for one of Taylor Teagarden, Max Ramirez, or Jarrod Saltalamacchia.

Pulling off these two deals would fill the SS, catching, and 5th starter holes leaving center field as the main focal point.

I rather personally not trade mediocre but mediocre MLB talent in exchange for crap personally. If the markets not there , a wise non idiot gm sits tight. I also adamantly state there was absolutely no damn reason Wayne Krivsky should have ever been let go as the GM. Nobody and I state nobody *yeah Billy Beane disciples* would have taken the mess that was the Red's and turned this ship around into a contender in as small of amount of time as he tried to do.

Love My Red's but names on Jersey rate secondary to name on front.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

I have a couple deadline wishes for today:

1. If the Rays are serious about Dunn, I ask for SS Reid Brignac and one of Jeff Niemann/Jeremy Hellickson. This is rumored to be what the Rays are asking for Bay so Walt should ask for that same package. This deal gives the Reds a young SS with big bat potential and a guy in Jeff Niemann who could step into the 5th starter role right now.

2. Acquire a young catcher from the Rangers. Offer Homer Bailey + prospects for one of Taylor Teagarden, Max Ramirez, or Jarrod Saltalamacchia.

Pulling off these two deals would fill the SS, catching, and 5th starter holes leaving center field as the main focal point.
    Not directing this post directly at uou . Please understand that. But do you realize as do others who want to chuck away homer , have any idea of his age and how high end above the curve he has already reached. just on pure talent and no real idea of pitching this kid has gone to epic lengths at a very incredible young age. Phillip Hughes says Hi as does Ian Kennedy older and already guilty of not being as advertised or injured and suspect far beyond what Homer has accomplished at a far younger age.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

That's huge! What time's the press conference?
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

The wining stops now!

er...uh....nevermind.

Griffey to White Sox

by Will Carroll

Ken Rosenthal is reporting that Ken Griffey Jr has been traded to the White Sox. My sources called minutes after — how? C is before R on the call list, right? — to confirm this. As yet, no word on who the Reds get or, more importantly, if Griffey will approve the deal. The Reds earlier had “discussions” with the Rays regarding Adam Dunn, but I’m told that those talks did not get serious. The Reds are also expected to deal David Weathers. More on this once we have more info.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=970

The Rangers have catchers to satisfy the needs of just about any team, and that's why they've been such a popular destination. For clubs seeking a veteran, Gerald Laird has four years of experience and an inexpensive contract. Cincinnati has expressed the most interest in him but probably would have to give up top pitching prospect Homer Bailey of LaGrange, Texas, to get a deal done.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....1bc5ff1d.html

I wouldn't trade Homer for Laird but I'd deal him for one of the other three catchers the Rangers have.

Reds are interested in Nelson Cruz according to a Rangers beat writer.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I'm willing to give the team/Jocketty a break - at least until the waiver trade deadline. He got more than I would have dreamed for KGJ and if the reports that the Reds and PaleHose are basically splitting his $$$ for the remainder of this year and the buyout, he save about $6M for the offseason.

If he wasn't being offered anything of value real (which I can believe) for our remaining pieces, then he was right not to act. Waiver deals seem to have become somewhat easier over the last few years.

The fact that Weathers, Affedlt, Majewski, Ross and even Dunn are still here today does not mean they will remain so come the end of the month. (I'd be willing to bet that one won't ). As a matter of fact, as the season gets shorter and pretenders fall by the wayside, a true contender might be willing to ante up something better than they were 24 hours ago if it fillls a hole.

Turn Off Ads?