Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Teixeira to D'Backs?

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Teixeira to D'Backs?

Appears they are close to a deal, centering around either Conor Jackson/Chad Tracy and an A level prospect. Interesting. If the Backs get Teix, they're far and away the class of the NL imo.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Teixeira to D'Backs?

I wouldn't say the class of the NL especially if they give up Jackson, after all they are only 2 games above .500. If they did they deal and held on to Conor Jackson, who has been great this year, they would definitely be the class of the NL west, but I think they would be right there in the mix with the Cubs and Brewers, but not above.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

With that pitching staff, yeah - I think they'd be the team to beat.

The NL West is much better than people think. Don't be fooled by the W/L records. Those guys all beat up on each other. Only bad team out there is SF. Heck, look at what NL West teams generally do to us.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Buster Olney reported that the Braves are requiring Jackson, and that is a non-starter for the D-Backs. If they can just give up Tracy, that would make them the team to beat, but not if they gave up Jackson.

I dont see this deal happening. The dbacks dont need it to win the west. To be a serious contender in the NL and challenge (in my opinion) the cubs brewers and mets ... they definately do. That being sad the dbacks are so young their best years are to come... soon.

Jayson Stark is reporting that the Braves will trade Tex.

4 teams are in on Tex. Anyone have guesses?

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    4 teams are in on Tex. Anyone have guesses?
    The four teams mentioned by Stark were Arizona, Tampa Bay, Anaheim and Boston, though he also said the latter three were all unlikely to find room for him.

he got traded to anaheim for kotchman and a AA pitching prospect per ESPN.com

Anaheim is scary. Starting Pitching, strong bully, better offense. They seem to be the favorite to win it all.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

I talked to Pete Rose, our money is on Anaheim to win it all this year.

Turn Off Ads?