Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Brantley comments

Jeff Brantley comments

Jeff Brantley's comments, in no way, shape, or form, deserved the reaction of Junior Griffey. Griffey has gone too far. He needs to get out of Cincinnati.

To hear his comments:
    http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/182...ones_On_Demand
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jeff Brantley comments

I am sorry, but how in the world could Junior have heard what Brantley said during the game? And you are trusting something you heard on talk radio?

This message board has already established who Griffey was referring to, and it was a fan in the stands, and no one knew exactly what the fan said.

Nope, he was referring to Brantley. Griffey, you can't get out of here fast enough for me.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...?urn=mlb,96385

And now good for Brantley, he said he's still upset at Jr. and everything isn't better.

Ill will over Griffey gesture lingers

By John Fay
    jfay@enquirer.com

HOUSTON – Ken Griffey Jr. and Jeff Brantley spoke.

So is everything good between them?

“No,” Brantley said. “How can it be when someone gives you a death signal from the dugout?”

Said Griffey: “I’m not going to talk about it.”

Griffey made the gesture after hitting a home run in Saturday’s game. He ran his finger along his throat.

“You can’t do that in the NFL or the NBA,” Brantley said.

Griffey was upset about Brantley saying Griffey has been pouting because the Reds have not pick up his option for the next year.

Brantley denied saying that.

“The only thing I said is the ball in right field should have been caught,” Brantley said.

A fly ball fell in front of Griffey in the first inning of Saturday’s game.

Brantley – and all broadcasters – have been asked to stay out of the players lounge and dining room.

I really hope this is the begining of the end for Jr. in Cincy. What a classless act.

Good for Griffey. Brantley deseved it.

Well we know it was aimed at Brantley, but we still don't know why, everyone is just guessing about that part.

And I have looked at that video dozens of times and can not see the throat slash. Not saying it didn't happen, I just would like to know where in the video does it happen. If someone could watch the video below and tell me at what time does Griffey move his hands to his throat, it would be appreciated. thanks

http://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/articl...rantley/296967

Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    Good for Griffey. Brantley deseved it.
    Brantley deserves to be given a gang sign for death and to be told to f off because he said a ball hit to griffey needed to be caught? Okay, that makes great sense.

It's at :30.
    Last edited by robmadden1; 07-29-2008 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by robmadden1 View Post
    Its at :30.
    thanks, still can't see it, but that is probably because they edited out, cutting to the wide when it happened.

I just wanted to know exactly what Griffey did. Not trying to defend him, as anything he did was wrong, but I want to see if it was a "gang sign" for I am going to kill you, or something less offensive. I just have a hard time believing that Griffey would even know what a gang sign is. He might have just meant, "shut up", or maybe he did the sicilian gesture for F-U, which looks like the throat slashing sign.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    Brantley deserves to be given a gang sign for death and to be told to f off because he said a ball hit to griffey needed to be caught? Okay, that makes great sense.
    No one knows why Griffey did what he did. Sounds like there was some bad blood between them before Sat. game. Could have easily been something that Brantley said in the clubhouse or dining room, since broadcasters are now banned from there.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    dining room, since broadcasters are now banned from there.
    More chicken wings for the players now.

(Trade or let go Griffey Jr. and KEEP Brantley.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

This organization is going in the crapper. The chippiness between commentators, players, and fans is at all time highs.

Griffey's career is obviously basically over, and the end of one of the worst hard luck stories of sports history. The guy is on pace to hit either 19 or 20 HR's this year, his numbers are completely down in every single aspects, his career is basically over. He might have another year as a DH in him next year, but thats probably it. It's gonig to go down as one of the worst hard luck stories in sports, like I said, and at this point I'm sure he wants it over, along with the fans, and to move on and remember the guy at his best instead of his worst right now. I think everyone needs to just accept what is and honor the guy while he's still playing as one of the best ever.

Brantley should know better than anyone what father time and injuries do to you. His last three years with Philly and Texas in the majors he had ERA's of 5.19, 5.89, and 5.14 and arm problems several of his last few years. I'm sure commentators and fans at that time were all over him as well for his failing arm. Junior doesn't have much time left as a player, so I think its a little mean spirited of him to presume he's dogging it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisvilleCARDS View Post
    Brantley should know better than anyone what father time and injuries do to you. His last three years with Philly and Texas in the majors he had ERA's of 5.19, 5.89, and 5.14 and arm problems several of his last few years. I'm sure commentators and fans at that time were all over him as well for his failing arm. Junior doesn't have much time left as a player, so I think its a little mean spirited of him to presume he's dogging it out there.
    There are times when Griffey fails to hustle. Plenty of times. Anyone who watches the Reds consistantly knows this. We've all seen him hit the ball in the gap or off the wall for a long single. The single part isn't that bad, it's the fact the ball gets fielded, thrown back in, and Griff is just getting to first base. There are times when he gives it his all. That's all the fans want. Heck, Sean Casey was slower than molasses, but he hustled.
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Did this really need it's own thread?

It is in no way right to slash that sign, but honestly, Brantley is a piece of dog doo doo. I can't stand him during broadcasts because all he seems to know how to do is harp on any players who do anything wrong or even slightly wrong. If Phillips makes 1 bonehead mistake, for 2 innings we have to listen about it. We have to listen about how awful EdE is because he can't make a throw to first. Maybe in a way Griffey was just as fed up about all the ripping his teammates take from this joke in the hometown broadcast booth as he does himself. I was readin in another thread where Brantley has had to apologize to players multiple times this year because of things he has said on the air in the booth. Let's ship him out with the first guy we trade before the deadline if we trade any.

Turn Off Ads?