Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A last appeal for Reds management to do SOMETHING

Re: A last appeal for Reds management to do SOMETHING

Its kind of like saying that we can get a ton of return for Dunn. I like Dunn and would personally like to see him stay, but if we could get a ton in return for him, don't you think Walt would have pulled the trigger on that by now. Unless we are going to re-sign him, which I haven't heard anything on either. I mean Texeira (sp?) was supposed to go to Arizona for Jackson/Tracy/ and an A prospect, and instead he goes to Anaheim for lesser talent. Now on XBox 360 I can get Dunn in on a lot of deals, but this aint no XBox life.
    Jack Eliot: I'm a World Series MVP!
    Skip: That was four years ago, Jack. Last season, you hit .235.
    Jack Eliot: LAST SEASON, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!

---Mr. Baseball 1992

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by tommycash View Post
    Its kind of like saying that we can get a ton of return for Dunn. I like Dunn and would personally like to see him stay, but if we could get a ton in return for him, don't you think Walt would have pulled the trigger on that by now. Unless we are going to re-sign him, which I haven't heard anything on either. I mean Texeira (sp?) was supposed to go to Arizona for Jackson/Tracy/ and an A prospect, and instead he goes to Anaheim for lesser talent. Now on XBox 360 I can get Dunn in on a lot of deals, but this aint no XBox life.
    its a shame cause I have pulled some really good deals with Dunn.

Its all about draft picks. The more picks the Reds have, the more depth Walt can trade from, doing what he does best. Weathers should have never been resigned, or we'd have had two out of him. Affeldt could net one. Dunn, two.

Arroyo, however, is a guy that should have been dumped for little more than salary relief.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ohioballplayer View Post
    Uh Heather no, CPatt started sunday also, I was there and the whole team is ridiculous!!!

We have let other people go that have better batting avg's that .186, Dusty is keeping him here because Freel and Hopper are hurt, I am just tired of the Reds period.
    My bad. I didn't see many of the games over the weekend so I wasn't aware that he also started on Sunday. That's still only two days out of quite a few now where he's not been in the starting lineup though and I don't think it needs to be brought up like its a regular occurance. For the record, I am definitely happier when he's on the bench, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Its all about draft picks. The more picks the Reds have, the more depth Walt can trade from, doing what he does best. Weathers should have never been resigned, or we'd have had two out of him. Affeldt could net one. Dunn, two.

Arroyo, however, is a guy that should have been dumped for little more than salary relief.
    Which is like saying we shouldn't have bought groceries with that money, we should have bought lottery tickets. With the money saved from signing those guys (Weathers and Affeldt aren't doing bad and might in the plans for next year) we could more chances at the powerball. As for Arroyo, he has been our best pitcher in the last couple of weeks. And how in the world would we get two out of Weathers and only two from Dunn. Dunn and Weathers would net two each? Anyway back to your comment on depth from the draft. I don't think our best option is to bet on the unknown. Yeah lets let Weathers and Affeldt go and trade for a couple of guys who could throw in ERAs of over 4 next year. Walt doesn't have a great track record of drafting players, he has a great talent for putting a team together that can win. I want him to do that, and as of right now, trust that he will do that for us. I don't want to trade for trades sake, or let players lie and maybe get picks from them. Make us better, but if it takes patience I can wait until the offseason.
    Jack Eliot: LAST SEASON, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!

---Mr. Baseball 1992

Which is like saying we shouldn't have bought groceries with that money, we should have bought lottery tickets. With the money saved from signing those guys (Weathers and Affeldt aren't doing bad and might in the plans for next year) we could more chances at the powerball.
    Actually its not like that at all. For you to get anything out of your powerball tickets, you have to win (the prospects must turn into solid major leaguers). Prospects don't have to succeed on the major league level in order to be valuable to a team. They can be trade bait.

As for Arroyo, he has been our best pitcher in the last couple of weeks.
    Oh, I hadn't noticed! I'm glad I'll get to watch his mid-5s ERA for the next two and a half years. He's worth keeping around because he's been our best pitcher for TWO WEEKS!

And how in the
    world would we get two out of Weathers and only two from Dunn. Dunn and Weathers would net two each? Anyway back to your comment on depth from the draft.
    You apparently don't understand how this works. Two is the maximum that you can get. You get two for Type-A free agents. Weathers was a Type-A, and Dunn will be. Two picks a piece.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

And you are betting that we will get anyone in the draft worth enough to be used for trade bait.

---Mr. Baseball 1992

And you are betting that we will get anyone in the draft worth enough to be used for trade bait.
    2007 draft we got Todd Fraizer(middle of the order potential) and Kyle Lotzkar(front of the rotation potential) in the supplemental rounds and those are two guys who any team would LOVE to have.

And since apparently I don't know how it works, can you show me where it worked in the past. Seriously I would like to know. If you can show me how it worked in the past I will agree with you and I will let my argument rest. I am not being sarcastic, if it has worked in the past, show me. And can you guarantee me that you can trade for two relievers better than Weathers and Affeldt, a starter better than Arroyo, and an outfielder or any hitter better than Dunn with your plan.

---Mr. Baseball 1992

Yes, and its a better bet than anything they'll get for Weathers or Affeldt, and apparently, Dunn.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk61 View Post
    2007 draft we got Todd Fraizer(middle of the order potential) and Kyle Lotzkar(front of the rotation potential) in the supplemental rounds and those are two guys who any team would LOVE to have.
    I agree with you on Frazier, but Lotzkar (although he pitched well last year) has been great this year.

---Mr. Baseball 1992

And since apparently I don't know how it works, can you show me where it worked in the past. Seriously I would like to know. If you can show me how it worked in the past I will agree with you and I will let my argument rest. I am not being sarcastic, if it has worked in the past, show me. And can you guarantee me that you can trade for two relievers better than Weathers and Affeldt, a starter better than Arroyo, and an outfielder or any hitter better than Dunn with your plan.
    Easy now, I wasn't saying you don't understand how that works, just the draft compensation thing.

But, I can almost guarantee you that the Reds have a reliever in the minor leagues RIGHT NOW better than Weathers in 1-2 years, and that there is a player in the Reds minor leagues who would perform no worse than Arroyo has this season, and those are just guys in AAA.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

I agree with you on Frazier, but Lotzkar (although he pitched well last year) has been great this year.
    I'm lost with this statement, unless you ment hasn't been great this year. IN that case your still wrong

He has 48 K's in 35 innings and only 27 hits surrendered and a 3.86 ERA. The one thing he needs work on is control, but being that he is only 18 and one of the youngest players, if not the youngest, in the MWL I will take that any day of the week

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk61 View Post
    I'm lost with this statement, unless you ment hasn't been great this year. IN that case your still wrong

He has 48 K's in 35 innings and only 27 hits surrendered and a 3.86 ERA. The one thing he needs work on is control, but being that he is only 18 and one of the youngest players, if not the youngest, in the MWL I will take that any day of the week
    Sorry that is what I meant. My stats show that he has a 4.50 ERA this year with 30 IP and 45 strikeouts ( I like that). I got my stats from http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=518952. Did he pitch tonight. I would like to see what he has done after pitching over 100 IP.

---Mr. Baseball 1992

Sorry that is what I meant. My stats show that he has a 4.50 ERA this year with 30 IP and 45 strikeouts ( I like that). I got my stats from http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=518952. Did he pitch tonight. I would like to see what he has done after pitching over 100 IP.
    Yeah he pitched tonight, stats not updated. He went 5 innings with 3 BB's 3 K's only 2 Hits and 0ER's

Turn Off Ads?