Turn Off Ads?

Thread: DC Reds Fans

DC Reds Fans

Are any DC Reds fans daring to go out and watch any of the three Titanic struggles between the Reds and Nats this weekend? I'm going Friday night mainly because I work in DC and it's convienant to for me to just stay after work and go to the game. I am looking forward to seeing the new stadium. I got my first glimpse in person last week when I bought my tickets for Fridays game. It looks very nice. I know the whole area the stadium is located has changed. About ten years ago or so ago I worked in the general area of the stadium. It was a rough area to say the least. But now there are many new, nice looking office buildings going up all around it. It really doesn't look like the same place. It's very easy access via Metro,DC's subway sytem. Just get off at the Navy Yard stop and exit the half street side. Go up the two sets of escalators and turn left and you are there.
    The Nats are going as badly or even worse than the Reds. They have lost seven in a row and are hardly scoring any runs. This should be MLB baseball at its finest this weekend.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: DC Reds Fans

It looks like a great place to watch baseball - we would come down but we already have other plans this weekend (actually we have been delaying them until we have no choice but to take care of it this weekend).

Just getting to see the REDS in the stadium would be a treat. See Junior swing and move through the outfield. Some great infield plays and maybe even a few longballs. But really the best games to watch are the pitching duels.

Sounds like you will have a good time and the Nationals new stadium looks like a real treat.

You going to be able to get tickets to that game? I hear they're selling like hot cakes to aboriginies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    You going to be able to get tickets to that game? I hear they're selling like hot cakes to aboriginies.
    No line at the ticket office last week. I think everyone is waiting for the last minute. Also every Friday is fireworks night. So that should pack'em in.
    Actually it will be good to go the ballpark. I don't get to go often and it's a treat no matter who's playing.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Cruisin' for trouble

My wife and I are going to the Saturday game. We'll be in section 116, row L, which is a few rows back from the dugout. Anyone know who will be the starting pitchers during the series?

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds View Post
    My wife and I are going to the Saturday game. We'll be in section 116, row L, which is a few rows back from the dugout. Anyone know who will be the starting pitchers during the series?
    You will get to see Fogg vs Bergman on Saturday. Bailey goes against Odalis Perez,Friday. Yahoo doesn't have the matchups for Sunday yet. But Cueto should be going for the Reds if they stay in rotation. BTW Sunday is forecast to be a smokin' 99 degrees. So dress or not dress accordingly.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I'm actually making the trip out there this weekend with a couple friends. We just kinda assumed that because it's the Nats (and the Reds visiting), tickets wouldn't be difficult to come by, so we were just going to buy tickets upon arrival. But the mention of fireworks night has me kinda nervous. Do they usually sell out (or come close to it) on the weekends?

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I'm actually making the trip out there this weekend with a couple friends. We just kinda assumed that because it's the Nats (and the Reds visiting), tickets wouldn't be difficult to come by, so we were just going to buy tickets upon arrival. But the mention of fireworks night has me kinda nervous. Do they usually sell out (or come close to it) on the weekends?
    No. You shouldn't have a problem getting tickets. Their attendance hasn't been very good this season.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I'll be there on Sunday. Anyone else?

Well, my buddies and I are out here in D.C. and are wondering if there are any bars nearby the stadium to do a little pre-gaming. Within walking distance would be preferable, but we could always take a cab from one a little further away if need be.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Well, my buddies and I are out here in D.C. and are wondering if there are any bars nearby the stadium to do a little pre-gaming. Within walking distance would be preferable, but we could always take a cab from one a little further away if need be.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    I'll go ahead and answer my own question: Chinatown, baby. Chinatown.

Turn Off Ads?