Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Pudge to the Yanks?

Pudge to the Yanks?

The Sporting News and CBS Sportsline are both reporting that Pudge Rodriguez has been dealt to the Yankees. CBS Sportsline says Kyle Farnsworth heading to Detroit.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pudge to the Yanks?

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post
    The Sporting News and CBS Sportsline are both reporting that Pudge Rodriguez has been dealt to the Yankees. CBS Sportsline says Kyle Farnsworth heading to Detroit.
    The Rich get Richer.

If only it was that easy for us.

I just saw that the Rays are in pursuit of Bay, so there goes my theory all to heck.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Not sure what the Tigers were thinking...

They are thinking Pudge will not re-sign with them next year why not get rid of him, same thing the Braves were thinking about Tex, he was offered a substantial contract in spring training that would have made him one of the highest paid players in baseball, it was declined, thank you Mr. Wren!!!
    Bowled 9 300 games, semi-retired!

Nothing like bowling a 300 game

Good trade for the Yankees here, while Pudge is on the decline I still think he brings a huge upgrade to that position. Plug him into that lineup and wow, they should make a huge push towards the playoffs again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    Good trade for the Yankees here, while Pudge is on the decline I still think he brings a huge upgrade to that position. Plug him into that lineup and wow, they should make a huge push towards the playoffs again.
    Not to mention they got rid of Farnsworth. He's garbage. Although I guess he's done a little better this year.

uh..... this isn't the '96 version of Pudge. He is an upgrade from Jose Molina, but so are about 2/3's of the catchers in MLB.

BTW, the Yanks have 10 players over 34...wow...
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

The Yankees didn't get "Pudge Rodriguez," they got a late-30s, light-hitting catcher who makes > $12 million/year. Of course, that seems to be their mo, so he'll fit in just fine.

Turn Off Ads?