Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 2 trades that need to happen

2 trades that need to happen

Dunn to Tampa

for

Jose Guzman 3B and Jeff Nieman RHSP

Homer Bailey and B level prospect to Rangers

for

Salty, Teagarden, or Ramirez either one doesnt matter Id prefer Salty.

Guzman can take Baileys spot in the Rotation. Guzman plays 3rd, Move EE to first and Votto to left field. The C we get from the Rangers starts. This would give the Reds a very young very skilled team, Pitching, Defense, and offense. The Reds would compete for a playoff spot the next 4 or 5 years with that team. Just make it happen Walt come on.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2 trades that need to happen

How about this last minute craziness: The Maddux talks between the Pad's and Dodgers have stalled.... let's take advantage of it. Dodger's also need shortstop help. Keppinger is a decent defender and good bat, but should not be in our long terms plans. Let Hairston/Cabrera/Janish fill it out for the rest of the year.

so lets trade:

Arroyo, Bailey, and Keppinger to the Dodger's for Matt Kemp + filler

then go ahead and trade Dunn + filler to the Rays for Neimann.
    "It is much easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them." - Alfred Adler

I also need to win the powerball and have Jessica Simpson in my bed right now too, but it ain't happening.

2 HRs for Dunn tonight vs. HOU. That makes 32 for the season, leading all of MLB.

After his performance tonight and with the deadline upon us, I think his value has hit its highest point in a long time.

I am not advocating a trade, as I would like the 2 #1's if he signs elsewhere next season.
    But If they are going to just let him walk next year without trying to resign him, now would be the best time to try and get something for him.

The only way I would do a trade is if what came in return was greater than the 2 #1's.

I wouldnt mind us resigning him after the season if the price is right.
    I just dont think the offers we are recieving are anything to get excited about.

I think you meant Joel Guzman.

As for Homer Bailey.....

I said something like this a few weeks back.

Send him to TEX for one of thier C's other than Laird.
    Id take Salty or Teagarden if his arm passes tests.

I dont see Arroyo going anywhere since we only have 2 starters performing well right now and he is one.

Ive read Stormy and Affeldt are drawing the most interest now.
    We've been able to count on Stormy more than Cisco of late.
    Affeldt has been pretty solid and having lefites is nice.

I really like our bullpen, including Stormy.

Cordero - when he gets his confidence back, although I'd be willing to trade him
    Weathers
    Affeldt
    Lincoln
    Bray
    Burton

If we had a few more arms, those guys wouldn't have to get overworked so much.

I don't know why so many Reds fans are interested in Salty. I mean sure, we can use the bat, and I'm sure that's the main reason why. But for all the griping we do about our catchers and their overrated or total lack of defensive ability, Salty would not be an improvement there, from what I understand. Everything I've heard is that at some point his lack of ability behind the plate will force him to another position, which it seems like could pretty much only be first base.

Here's a trade I'd like to see.

Junior to the White Sox for prospects.

Turn Off Ads?