Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Griffey Jr Traded to the White Sox

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Re: Griffey Jr Traded to the White Sox (Pending Griffey Approval)

wow... that came together quick. So much for him wanting to go to Tampa. My guess is he will accept. Just a guess.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I love the heck out of Griffey but I hope he approves this deal. It not only gives him a chance to win a World Series but it opens a spot for Chris Dickerson to show what he's got in CF.

you don't trade Jr because of a Chris Dickerson, but I suppose at least that it'll shut up the Chris Dickerson lovers.

as for those Drew Stubbs lovers....

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    You stay classy WLW.
    I'd almost pull for Griffey to reject the trade and play "Operation Shutdown" the rest of the season to spite Brantley, the Brenamen's, and WLW.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    Sad Day for the REDS. After such a good game too. Hopefully the REDS get something in return but I don't think so.

I see the Junior bashers are out in full force.

If it is true sorry to see you go Junior - I hope to see you back here for a REDS Hall of Fame induction maybe I'll get to see more of you in the AL towns. You have made the last eight years of watching REDS baseball a pleasure and for you and your family I hope the future brings many more enjoyable years.
    How is this a sad day for the Reds? IMO this is the kind of sentiment that kept the reds in a run for a decade. When you make deals based upon the public wants instead of the team wants you are making a big mistake.

Griffey was fun to watch but he was awful in the outfield. His best days were behind him and him hitting in the 3 hole hurt. It was fun going to the stadium to watch one of the greatest players of all time but the Reds are better off without him.

This deal has nothing to do with Brantley and everything to do with saving $8 million. Castellini wants to recoup a piece of some of the dog chow contracts he's had to eat.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danforsman View Post
    Jim Scott indicated on WLW this morning when talking to Paul Daugherty that Junior was seen "saying his goodbyes" to the team last night, which would certainly imply that he's going to take the deal.
    Junior leans toward drama so that is not a surprise. Not knocking the guy, I just know how he is....
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    This deal has nothing to do with Brantley and everything to do with saving $8 million. Castellini wants to recoup a piece of some of the dog chow contracts he's had to eat.
    maybe. I'd still fire Brantley. Inmates don't run the asylum. plus he's a crappy announcer.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    That's impossible...you mean it's not big bad media's fault??

I wouldn't mind a 2B Chris Getz/CF Brian Anderson return...though I have a feeling Griffey won't approve the deal.

Cheez n rice, enough w/ the Brantley theories in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    That's impossible...you mean it's not big bad media's fault??
    ugh.

I mean I know you work there and all but geez. A few of us were in your business for a long time, and yeah the media actually has a bit of influence.

Think back to comments made by Chip Caray when he was with the Cubs. That family name is an institution in Chicago and that team ran him out for disparaging comments he made on the air. Marty can get away with that crap (though he shouldn't be allowed to) Brantley is a sucktastic announcer on top of being an egomainac.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

Paul Daugherty will be on with Mike McConnell during the 10-11am hour to talk about the possible deal on WLW.

Just a heads-up.

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio View Post
    Cheez n rice, enough w/ the Brantley theories in this thread.
    Agreed... And Matt and TRF, before it gets out of hand, take it private. Thanks!
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I wouldn't mind a 2B Chris Getz/CF Brian Anderson return...though I have a feeling Griffey won't approve the deal.
    I think he will. This isn't Barry Larkin getting a 3 yr 27 million deal to turn down the Mets. This is being handled completely different.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Wow...it's 7am and I just woke up to see this on ESPN News.

Last thing I expected to see, but tbh, I really hope it happens. Both for the Reds and for him. I'll be pulling for the White Sox if it does go thru...

Pretty damn cool that he hit a truly majestic, classic "Jr." HR yesterday in his last game as a Red too...

Do we have any realistic clue as to the return, if anything?

Turn Off Ads?