Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Griffey Jr. traded to ChiSox

Re: Griffey Jr. traded to ChiSox (Pending Griffey Approval)

Brian Anderson is like 40 years old.

Edit: OH the other Brian Anderson. That sucks too.
    Last edited by schmidty622; 07-31-2008 at 11:13 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Junior has not played the game the right way if you are of my school of thought. Half speed most of the time, and hot dogging are not the 'right way'.... not when you posess the type of ability he does. He takes plays off
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    Brian Anderson is like 40 years old.

Edit: OH the other Brian Anderson. That sucks too.

I honestly don't care who we get. We dumped about 35% of a 12 million dollar contract for this season, and gives Jerry Harrison Jr. a starting position.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

CBS Sportsline is now reporting Danny Richar (2B) and Nick Masset (P) for Griffey. Still no word on any money changing hands...

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/10914920

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    Junior has not played the game the right way if you are of my school of thought. Half speed most of the time, and hot dogging are not the 'right way'.... not when you posess the type of ability he does. He takes plays off

Exactly, classic Hot dogging griffey.

The rest of the griffey defenders must not be able to watch the game. I cant imagine how you cant tell that griffey hot dogs around. Has ZERO team moral. Always the last one to high five a player after a homerun in the dugout. If he does at all. He's a cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhhorsepoo View Post
    same guy i have blamed for 7 years.. ADAM DUNN.. if he gets traded and we get a 20 homer 280 BA decent defensive outfielder, we will be at least a .500 team next year..
    Less runs creted, slight upgrade defensively, slightly better batting average LF makes this team 500. Right... And I have some ocean front property to sale you in West Virginia if you truely believe that.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

The Reds approached Griffey on Wednesday night in Houston and asked if he would waive his contractual rights to accept a deal to the White Sox, according to a baseball source. Griffey has the right to veto any trade because he has 10 years of major league service time and five years with the Reds.

The Associated Press is reporting that according to a source, Griffey wants answers to a few questions unrelated to the contract.

"Can I still hit 3rd regardless of my low batting average?"

"Do I have to run out ground balls?"

"Can I be aloof and a 38 year old brat just because I was once elite?"

"Can I snarl at fans in the outfield and make slash-throat gestures at Ken 'Hawk' Harrelson without reprecussion?"
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Less runs creted, slight upgrade defensively, slightly better batting average LF makes this team 500. Right... And I have some ocean front property to sale you in West Virginia if you truely believe that.
    It's unreal some of the logic these guys use isn't it?

Crosley Field Fan

CBS Sportsline is saying the Reds get infielder Danny Richar and right-handed pitcher Nick Masset in the deal. Anyone know anything about these guys?

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/10914920

Reds1990

Griffey Approves Trade!

Ken Griffey Jr. has never played in a World Series. Now he might get his chance.

Clock is ticking The trade deadline is approaching fast. Who else will find themselves in a new uniform by Thursday's end? Ken Rosenthal has all the latest news and notes. Griffey has approved a trade to the White Sox, according to a source with knowledge of the deal. The trade is now pending the approval of the commissioner, an indication that it involves a cash transaction of more than $1 million.

The approval is expected to be a formality. It is not yet known what the Reds will receive in return.

Griffey had the right to block a deal as a player with at least 10 years of major-league service, five with the same club. He did not receive any form of compensation for waiving his no-trade protection.

The White Sox, leading the American League Central by a 1.5 games, would use Griffey mostly in the outfield, the source said. However, they do not have an obvious spot for Griffey unless they make another trade.

The Sox are set at the corners with Carlos Quentin in left and Jermaine Dye in right. They could play Nick Swisher at first to open center for Griffey, a move that would reduce the playing time of first baseman Paul Konerko and designated hitter Jim Thome. But Griffey has not played center regularly since 2006.

Griffey, earning $12.5 million this season in the final year of his contract, is owed more than $4 million in salary. The amount of cash in the trade -- if any -- is not known.

The White Sox attempted to acquire Griffey from the Reds at the trade deadline in 2005, but the trade reportedly was nixed by Reds ownership for financial reasons.

Griffey, 38, is batting .245 this season with a .355 on-base percentage, 15 home runs and 53 RBIs in 359 at-bats. Earlier this season, he hit his 600th home run.

Listening to XM radio right now and they just said the Reds are paying four million dollars along with Griffey in the bill.

Crosley Field Fan

Rosenthal says Griffey has accepted the trade...it's now with the Commish...

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8...await-approval

ESPN has nothing official yet, neither club has announced anything....it's not a done deal yet boys..... it's all speculation from call-in shows
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Re: Griffey Approves Trade!

Yeah its official. I just got back on to post the link. You beat me to it.

Danny Richar and Nick Masset coming back according to Rosenthal.

Turn Off Ads?