Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who do the Sox have?

Re: Who do the Sox have?

I'd love to see this result in a move of Phillips to Ss and a platoon of Keppinger and Richar at 2B.

I saw elsewhere someone specualte that Richar might be shifted to CF. It should get interesting.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Richar had acutally fallen way behind in the White Sox plan of things..and since we are paying half Griffey's salary I dont know if I would call it a salary dump either actually.... Richar was once a top prospect but now the most I see of him , partly given the Reds current situation, is a future utility man
    Last edited by AFalcon10; 07-31-2008 at 07:20 PM.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by AFalcon10 View Post
    .and since we are paying half Griffey's salary I dont know if I would call it a salary dump either actually
    The White Sox are paying $4M for 2 months of Griffey. If that's not a salary dump, I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    The White Sox are paying $4M for 2 months of Griffey. If that's not a salary dump, I don't know what is.
    nm
    Last edited by kpresidente; 07-31-2008 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AFalcon10 View Post
    Richar had acutally fallen way behind in the White Sox plan of things..and since we are paying half Griffey's salary I dont know if I would call it a salary dump either actually.... Richar was once a top prospect but now the most I see of him , partly given the Reds current situation, is a future utility man
    I'll call him a utility man with upside. The guy did OPS .956 at Charlotte less than a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post

I don't see it as a straight salary dump at all. Moving Junior's bat out of the 3-hole and his defense out of RF was a value in itself.

If Griffey still held any more value at all for the Reds, I don't think holding onto him the rest of the season would have been a problem. Sadly he was of no further value. Saving half of what was owed him in salary and buyout was a great move, clearing space for Bruce in RF and probably Hairston in Cf was even better.

I think the Reds did pretty good.

Turn Off Ads?