Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: WLW Classless aside from Marty...

WLW Classless aside from Marty...

It's sad that Marty has to be around a lot of the people at WLW.

The sad commercial that WLW is running is a sign of today's society. I cannot believe they would stoop so low.

Very classless and disrespectful. I am ashamed to have to listen to this crap.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: WLW Classless aside from Marty...

What commercial are you talking about in particular?

Quote Originally Posted by uks2h View Post
    It's sad that Marty has to be around a lot of the people at WLW.

The sad commercial that WLW is running is a sign of today's society. I cannot believe they would stoop so low.

The thing is, you dont have to listen to it. If you don't like it change stations.

Why is WLW expected to cowtow to a player that got traded and who had a, largly unsuccessful, career in Cincinnati. Every relationship is not going to be full of niceness and respect, even in this day of hatefullness and sodomy.
    @#$% my @#$%^*&

The sad commercial that WLW is running is a sign of today's society.
    I have higher hopes for our society than a sewer like WLW.

I cannot believe they would stoop so low.
    It's pretty much right in character for that group of clowns.

Fortunately, you don't have to listen to it.

I didn't hear the commercial, but listening to the daytime radio jocks on WLW today was pretty bad.

I agree with the sentiment that WLW has some bad radio guys. However I disagree with the idea that the media in general, or WLW in particular, needs to be respectful to whoever comes and goes out of the city.
    @#$% my @#$%^*&

Listen, I know I don't have to listen to it and I do have it off now. But I do respect WLW and Marty in particular so I tune in to the channel when big things happen.

I would be glad to go to another channel if you could tell me one that A. Marty is on and B. I can receive in Lexington, KY.

Listen, I know I don't have to listen to it and I do have it off now. But I do respect WLW and Marty in particular so I tune in to the channel when big things happen.

I would be glad to go to another channel if you could tell me one that A. Marty is on and B. I can receive in Lexington, KY.
    1530 Homer from Cincy.

Quote Originally Posted by CentralKYRedfan View Post
    1530 Homer from Cincy.
    Yeah if you have a computer that would be a good station for you, although Jim Rome might be a little rough for you.
    @#$% my @#$%^*&

For those of us currently out of town, can someone explain what is so classless about the commercial?

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleA_Ron View Post
    For those of us currently out of town, can someone explain what is so classless about the commercial?
    They basically make fun of griffey for slacking off while running to first. They use other words, but I don't want to get in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    They basically make fun of griffey for slacking off while running to first. They use other words, but I don't want to get in trouble.
    I'll get in trouble. (as I already have this week) They said "who will be the reds next half-asser" or something of the sort. Something only women would be offened by.
    @#$% my @#$%^*&

Stat geek...and proud

That's just classless. I wouldn't expect anything more from WLW/Clear Channel.

(sorry Matt, you're too good for those goobers)

Please, explain to me, if thats classless what would be classy? Praising JR for his 9 losing seasons? His 245 batting average? His below 800 OPS? What would the classy move be?
    @#$% my @#$%^*&

RedLeg Wildcat

Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    Please, explain to me, if thats classless what would be classy? Praising JR for his 9 losing seasons? His 245 batting average? His below 800 OPS? What would the classy move be?

Oh, I don't know, my mamma always told me if you don't have nothing nice to say, then don't say nuthin'. And especially don't pander to the morons who have nothing better to do than hate on a baseball player. One of the greatest, at that.

It will be fun to see in a couple of years when Jr. comes back for his induction into the Reds Hall of Fame and everybody whine about why he doesn't properly kiss the ring of the Reds' great fans.
    The Big RED One

Turn Off Ads?