Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dodgers have extra outfielders now!

Reds1990

Dodgers have extra outfielders now!

With Manny coming to LA they now have Juan Pierre, Manny Rameriz, Matt Kemp, Andruw Jones, and Andre Either. Could someone be availabe? I'd love to find some way to get Matt Kemp. With Manny now you no he plays left, who plays center and right? Somebody is expendable!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dodgers have extra outfielders now!

Well, the trade deadline is over, but maybe they'll pass through waivers.

No chance a player the Reds should covet :COUGH: Matt Kemp :COUGH: will pass through waivers.
    @#$% my @#$%^*&

I'm just curious about this. Why is everyone on this board so high on Matt Kemp? I've also seen people who would be eager to replace Dunn with him.

The mind wobbles.

Quote Originally Posted by JWP View Post
    I'm just curious about this. Why is everyone on this board so high on Matt Kemp? I've also seen people who would be eager to replace Dunn with him.

The mind wobbles.
    Young (24), Ok career OPS (.830), Fast (26 Sbs this year), some pop (12 HR this year), can play center. I dunno he seems pretty ok to me.
    @#$% my @#$%^*&

Matt Kemp. 24, respectable #s, life in his bat,, can play CF pretty well, still developing. Really think the Dodgers are willing to let go?

Quote Originally Posted by gedred69 View Post
    Matt Kemp. 24, respectable #s, life in his bat,, can play CF pretty well, still developing. Really think the Dodgers are willing to let go?

Nope, but that wasn't the original question.
    @#$% my @#$%^*&

Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    Young (24), Ok career OPS (.830), Fast (26 Sbs this year), some pop (12 HR this year), can play center. I dunno he seems pretty ok to me.
    If we could get him without trading Dunn, I'd be all for it. I just see a lot of posters that would rather have him than Adam Dunn, and it baffles me. Dunn as more power, a higher OPS, and creates more runs than Kemp does, and is only 4 years older. Statistically, he's one of the most productive players in all of baseball. I don't want to start an Adam Dunn debate, because I know how those tend to get , but it's a fact that he is a much better player than Kemp is, at least offensively.

He's certainly a very good player, and the fact that he's young makes him even better as he hasn't peaked yet.

Do you think the Dodgers would trade him? How about a package of Bailey and Stubbs for him?

Do you think the Dodgers would trade him? How about a package of Bailey and Stubbs for him?
    i wouldnt give up bailey for him maybe thompson though

Quote Originally Posted by superred View Post
    i wouldnt give up bailey for him maybe thompson though
    I like Thompson a lot more than Bailey at this point, honestly.

I like Thompson a lot more than Bailey at this point, honestly.
    bailey has more potential than thompson so i really wouldnt want to trade him unless the dodgers added more to the deal

RotoHester

I'd give up Bailey for him...and Homer'd probably love pitching in Doger Stadium. An OF of Dunn/Bruce/Kemp would make me smile.

Ramirez is only in their OF for the rest of this year.

They are pat for next year.

Still, I think Kemp would be a GREAT addition to our OF - In CF, but we'd still have a gaping hole in LF without Dunn in it - for 2009.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

So on an offensively challenged team, with a lineup full of guys that constantly get themselves out by swinging at any and every pitch thrown you want to bring in Matt Kemp? Count me in the list of peope who "don't get it."

First of all, he is in his 3rd year so he is approaching arbitration next year or the following year, so he is not going to be cheap for long.

Second, We already have way to many hackers on this team. He is on pace to strikeout 170 times this year which I could live with if he put up big power numbers, but he is on pace for 17HRs. He has only 4 HRs on the road so its not like the lack of power can be blamed on Dodger Stadium.

Third, he is a good, but not great CF and from everything I have seen he really projects as a corner OF especially as he starts to fill out. Since we already have somebody named Bruce in RF that puts him in LF and frankly I expect a lot more offense out of a LF than a .800OPS.

Quote Originally Posted by krm1580 View Post
    So on an offensively challenged team, with a lineup full of guys that constantly get themselves out by swinging at any and every pitch thrown you want to bring in Matt Kemp? Count me in the list of peope who "don't get it."

First of all, he is in his 3rd year so he is approaching arbitration next year or the following year, so he is not going to be cheap for long.

Second, We already have way to many hackers on this team. He is on pace to strikeout 170 times this year which I could live with if he put up big power numbers, but he is on pace for 17HRs. He has only 4 HRs on the road so its not like the lack of power can be blamed on Dodger Stadium.

Third, he is a good, but not great CF and from everything I have seen he really projects as a corner OF especially as he starts to fill out. Since we already have somebody named Bruce in RF that puts him in LF and frankly I expect a lot more offense out of a LF than a .800OPS.

He only has 1.049 years of service, which means he has at least two seasons before he hits arbitration, and possibly three. It is not the numbers of years, it is the number of days that count.

He is only 23, which means he is still developing. To say he is a career .800 OPS is unfair (especially since his career OPS is .830), just like it is unfair to say that B.J. Upton is a career .789 OPS hitter. What people like is his potential.

Turn Off Ads?