Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Team USA Basketball Thread

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: Team USA Basketball Thread

Please get Jason Kidd out of the game!

2. Turn Off Ads?

I spoke too soon. Argentina is back in this one. Only down nine at the half. They had cut it to six.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

USA up 78-64 after three qtrs. Sounds like they have been coasting since the big start.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

USA wins 101-81. Spain is next for the Gold. US beat them by about 30 last weekend. I would expect the same sort of beating once again.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

so who's staying up to watch the game tonight, or tomorrow morning really? I will be

Spain will try to pound the US down low with the Gasol bros, but the US will be too much for Spain once again. I would say USA by 20, but no Jose Calderon for ESP and this one could be very similar to the first meeting. Will be nice to have the Gold once again where it belongs

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I'm going to try to stay up for it. I'm sitting in a motel room in Atlanta. What better do I have to do tonight?
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I'm going to try to stay up for it. I'm sitting in a motel room in Atlanta. What better do I have to do tonight?
    Sleep?

No, I'm kidding. I will try to stay up aswell.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I made it to the end. The Spaniards played an inspired game. I'm happy for the Americans but in a way it's a shame someone had to lose this game. Very entertaining.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Chris Bosh is really good. He's one of those guys who you hear a ton about but never actually see play because his team gets no exposure. He is always in the right spot on offense. He fills the lane on fast breaks and is always waiting on the weak side for a pass on a drive. Just a great basketball player.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

I was a bit wrong on my prediction, but Spain came out shooting the lights out. I thought the game had the feel of a Cinderella game in the NCAA tourny, with the underdog shooting like that. My only gripe about the game, and the Olympic tournament in general, is how inconsistent the officiating is for both teams. The Gold Medal game was a prime example. Having an official from Finland, is a bit like asking a LLWS volunteer ump call the World Series. These are elite, world-class professional basketball players and they should have officials that match that standard. But the USA is back

I finally watched it Sunday evening after managing successfully to not learn the outcome the entire day. It was a very entertaining game. I don't know the SPain team tat well but it would have surprised me had Calderon been able to improve that guard play. Those guys did a nice job getting to where they wanted to be! But Team USA did a nice job and won the hard fought game. I really enjoyed seeing the emotion, encouragement, etc on the guys' faces throughtout the game and at the end.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Rubio can't shoot a lick, but he can run a team and defend very well. He reminds me of Rondo without the ridiculous hops.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Rubio can't shoot a lick, but he can run a team and defend very well. He reminds me of Rondo without the ridiculous hops.
    Remember Ricky is just 17, he has good shooting mechanics....very little wasted motion. He will be a bigger Steve Nash type PG. Make plays for others, get inside for teardrops, outside shot needs work and wont defend too well. He needs to get to the league so some of the NBA vets can knock his ego down a peg or two

Turn Off Ads?