Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Team USA Basketball Thread

Re: Team USA Basketball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MasonBuzz3 View Post
    This is Lebron's team...he is the best player in the world, but I am biased I know. Lebron promised a gold and I don't doubt him, at least Coach K will play Lebron at these Olympics unlike L.Brown last time.
    LeBron can do some things that Kobe will never be able to do because of his size and strength, but I hope he learns from Kobe. LeBron should have a dominant post-up game, but he doesn't really ever bother. LeBron should be a top 5 man defender, but he isn't. I really hope that Kobe's intensity and more well rounded game rub off on LeBron.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

2. Turn Off Ads?

It's too bad LBJ didn't get to spend more time on the court with MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Young View Post
    That's pathetic. No offense, but what you're doing is setting a horrible example for any child.

We're talking about the National Team for the United States here. Think about it.
    Lighten up Francis. Seriously, it's a game. I'm pretty sure the terrorists don't win if the US loses to Spain.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Lighten up Francis. Seriously, it's a game. I'm pretty sure the terrorists don't win if the US loses to Spain.
    Funny, that's exactly what I would say to someone who would root against the USA based upon whomever happened to be coaching them in the Olympics.

No one is stopping us this year.

Us? When did you join the squad?

I hope they lose. Kobe and Lebron with egg on their face would be priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed View Post
    Us? When did you join the squad?

I hope they lose. Kobe and Lebron with egg on their face would be priceless.
    Typical drivel from you.

I don't really like what I've seen from the exhibitions. More dunking, trying to put on a show. They won't win the gold playing that way. They probably won't medal period.

I'd rather have seen downright boring games. Run plenty of motion and work on a good zone D. Instead we've largely seen gambling D and a run to dunk the ball.

I live in the states so they are representing me in the olympics. Whats with people WANTING team USA to lose? Go burn your flags in another thread, I don't think this thread was created to insult the country because of their coach or two players on their team.

guttle,

I'm not sure, but maybe you are just catching the highlights? There have been some dunks, but mainly on fast breaks. When I've watched, I haven't the feeling they are just showing off. More like, they are playing against third graders. I don't see them missing out on any medals with the way Wade has stepped it up. I'm betting he has a HUGE year next season.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    I live in the states so they are representing me in the olympics. Whats with people WANTING team USA to lose? Go burn your flags in another thread, I don't think this thread was created to insult the country because of their coach or two players on their team.

guttle,

I'm not sure, but maybe you are just catching the highlights? There have been some dunks, but mainly on fast breaks. When I've watched, I haven't the feeling they are just showing off. More like, they are playing against third graders. I don't see them missing out on any medals with the way Wade has stepped it up. I'm betting he has a HUGE year next season.
    Nah, I've watched all three games. I don't like what I've seen thus far.

"Playing third graders" may just be the root of the problem, though. Not the best thing for this team, IMO.

Talk about drivel. Nobody is burning any flags and nobody has insulted "the country" in any way. Go over-exaggerate in response to someone who might buy it.

I often cheer for the internationals or Europeans in golfs Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup. Why? I like the players from the other side more than I like the Americans. I could care less if Jim Furyk and Stewart Cink ever win another Ryder Cup and I could care less if Kobe and Lebron win gold medals. I don't need my country to win anything to feel good about it. Being number one in basketball is the least of my concerns. I'd rather see Kobe brick two free throws in the final seconds as Team USA is elimated by the Tuvans or better yet, the Iranians. That would be classic.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed View Post
    Talk about drivel. Nobody is burning any flags and nobody has insulted "the country" in any way. Go over-exaggerate in response to someone who might buy it.

I often cheer for the internationals or Europeans in golfs Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup. Why? I like the players from the other side more than I like the Americans. I could care less if Jim Furyk and Stewart Cink ever win another Ryder Cup and I could care less if Kobe and Lebron win gold medals. I don't need my country to win anything to feel good about it. Being number one in basketball is the least of my concerns. I'd rather see Kobe brick two free throws in the final seconds as Team USA is elimated by the Tuvans or better yet, the Iranians. That would be classic.
    Awwww. Is someone upset that no Celtics are on the team?
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Somehow, I don't see the same people rooting against the USA in rowing or volleyball. Patriotism aside, I find the negative attitude towards American basketball to be short-sighted, uninformed, and petty. If Magic and Bird had the athletic superiority that LeBron and Kobe have, they would do the same thing. Jordan did. Dr. J. did. David Thompson did.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

I don't see them missing out on any medals with the way Wade has stepped it up. I'm betting he has a HUGE year next season.
    He'll be great until Miami is out of the playoff chase and then he'll come up with a "season ending injury" so that Miami can get a top draft pick.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Awwww. Is someone upset that no Celtics are on the team?
    +1

Yeah you guys nailed me. No Celtics. I won't be cheering for Azingers Ryder Cup team either if he isn't smart enough to pick KG and Pierce with his two captains picks.

I guess fans of Lebron enjoy the Olympics more than me. Afterall it is their only chance to see him playing alongside real players.

Turn Off Ads?