Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: News on the Dunn trade front?

News on the Dunn trade front?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?eref=T1

Finally, there appears to be some action on Reds slugger Adam Dunn. An NL source says at least two teams are expressing interest in the formerly unwanted star. Dunn is the Major League leader in home runs (over No. 2 Alex Rodriguez) and walks (over Todd Helton) over the past five years. Maybe somebody's finally realizing that.
    Take it for what it's worth. Sometimes Heyman is on the money, sometimes he's not. But there may finally be a market developing for Dunn at the last minute.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: News on the Dunn trade front?

Not a shock now that Teixeira is off the market. I'd guess that Tampa might be one of the teams, and maybe the Mets or Twins.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Mets(who just named Tatis the everyday LF), Snakes, Dodgers ... that would be my guess.

Speaking of Dunn, from Dan Graziano of the Star-Ledger:

PLAYER OF THE DAY
    ADAM DUNN, Cincinnati OF
    Dunn is the man without a rumor. The Reds would deal him, but none of the teams out there looking for outfield help seem to be interested, and it's one of the more confounding aspects of this year's deadline.

Dunn is 28 years old. He's on track for a fifth straight 40-homer season. His on-base percentage is .386, which would be the highest on the Angels, White Sox, Tigers, Brewers, Marlins and Rays and the second-highest on the Mets.

Negatives include his astronomical strikeout totals and the perception (articulated last month publicly and somewhat embarrassingly by Toronto GM J.P. Ricciardi) that Dunn is a soft, unmotivated player who doesn't come through in the clutch.

But nobody's perfect, and there are a lot of players drawing interest on the market who don't put up 40 home runs and a .380 on-base percentage every year. Why can't Dunn get a look? Wouldn't he look pretty nice in left field at Shea?

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Not a shock now that Teixeira is off the market. I'd guess that Tampa might be one of the teams, and maybe the Mets or Twins.
    Supposedly the Rays have a "50/50 shot" of acquiring Jason Bay, so I think they're leaning in that direction instead.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Supposedly the Rays have a "50/50 shot" of acquiring Jason Bay, so I think they're leaning in that direction instead.
    there need is for a RH bat more than a LH bat.

"A Rose by Any Other. . " RedRoser's Avatar

I could see Dunn and Weathers being dealt to the Mets.

Move along! There is nothing to see here! Dunn has no trade value!

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

If Dunn is traded, it'll give me a great reason to buy another team's jersey...

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    If Dunn is traded, it'll give me a great reason to buy another team's jersey...
    It'll be easy if he's traded to the Redsox. I'll just have to add "ox" to everything.

Mets make the most sense ... however, they only have one minor leaguer I would want(Martinez).

The D'Backs are my guess in terms of who's most interested. They were hot and heavy after Teixeira and given their flexibility with Jackson and Tracy, Dunn makes for a reasonable back up plan.

I imagine they'd offer Tracy and a prospect.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

if they wouldn't trade Jackson for Tex they won't deal him for Dunn. I wouldn't take Tracy. The only guy I would want is Scherzer.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    if they wouldn't trade Jackson for Tex they won't deal him for Dunn. .
    unless they get desperate.

Senor Votto

Note to possible teams Dunn could go to: You'll lose for 8 straight years because he hits 40 homers a year, 100 RBI's, 100 runs, and 100 walks.

Good luck with the lazy guy who would rather fish than take BP.

Turn Off Ads?