Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 56

Thread: Dunn talks about the trade

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    29

    Dunn talks about the trade

    per john fays blog

    -Does he feel like this is his team now, as the longest-tenured Red? "I never felt like it wasn't my team."-

    Thats the only part of that interview that I feel the need to post. For all the flack that Dunn gets for lack of leadership, this is the first time I have heard him say somthing like this.

    This could be the changing of an attitude with this team. Heres to signing Dunn to a 3 year 46 Million deal with a 4th year team option for 16 million or a 4 million dollar buy out.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Blue Ash
    Posts
    2,616

    Re: Dunn talks about the trade

    Yeah, I'd be pretty happy if they announced a 4 year deal for Dunner. I wavered on him in the offseason, but I'm convinced we need him now, even with his fielding struggles. You know what you get with him at the plate, and I also think he should have been hitting 3rd or 4th all these years considering how much he gets on base.

    Also, make a lineup without him in it, and you might begin to agree with me.

    But I also think they should sign a big RH bat to hit behind him and protect him. That is part of the problem. Dunn rarely sees anything to hit. If they don't, it will be Griffey all over again. They can't just sign Dunn and sit tight. They need to go all out.

    Teixiera or Holliday!!!! Woo-hoo!!!!
    Who's on first?

  4. #3
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,040

    Re: Dunn talks about the trade

    Dunn is the man and he's right. He's the best player on this team by far.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-0

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    434

    Re: Dunn talks about the trade

    I say let him walk. It's time to start over!
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    434

    Re: Dunn talks about the trade

    Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    Dunn is the man and he's right. He's the best player on this team by far.
    Total exaggeration!
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Taylor Mill, KY
    Posts
    23

    Re: Dunn talks about the trade

    Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    Dunn is the man and he's right. He's the best player on this team by far.
    Brandon Phillips? Edison Volquez?

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    592

    Re: Dunn talks about the trade

    Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    Dunn is the man and he's right. He's the best player on this team by far.
    Amen. Lock him up.

  9. #8
    RedLeg Wildcat
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Lexington,KY
    Posts
    103

    Re: Dunn talks about the trade

    The heat and attention on Dunn has just increased exponentially, we will see how he feels about it being "his" team at the end of the year, especially if he goes through a prolonged slump.
    The Big RED One

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Price Hill
    Posts
    18

    Re: Dunn talks about the trade

    Now with griffey gone whom i love! sign dunner and let him take the rains i think he could lead the team ,which he couldn't do with griff here! he could not tell a 1ST ballot HOFer what to do, plus he is showing us he is a beast right now ! I would like to see him get better in the field ,but his offense is worth it especally if we could play the astros everyday lol
    reds record when i attend in '09' 1-2

  11. #10
    Member Maldez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    349

    Re: Dunn talks about the trade

    I can't ever remember a player I was more dramatically hot and cold on than Adam Dunn. He'll look like the second coming of Babe Ruth for stretches of time, only to be followed by a month I wouldn't want him on my wiffle-ball team. Just a flailing boob desparate to make any kind of contact.

    Dunn was smokin' hot in July so, naturally, I've jumped back on his bandwagon. We need that big bat of his! Bruce seems a year away from getting settled in a role where he'll contribute consistently, so let's hitch our wagon to our big horse and see how far he can drag it.

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    CHATTANOOGA, TN USA
    Posts
    311

    Re: Dunn talks about the trade

    Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    But I also think they should sign a big RH bat to hit behind him and protect him. That is part of the problem. Dunn rarely sees anything to hit. If they don't, it will be Griffey all over again. They can't just sign Dunn and sit tight. They need to go all out.

    Teixiera or Holliday!!!! Woo-hoo!!!!
    Isn't EE enough protection...30 plus homer season with an OPS above 800. It isn't Manny Rameriz level of protection....but it isn't that bad either.

    Sink the money into pitching, pitching and pitching and then lets see if we can finallly contend.

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Hamilton, OH
    Posts
    62

    Re: Dunn talks about the trade

    [QUOTE=Maldez;1708205]I can't ever remember a player I was more dramatically hot and cold on than Adam Dunn.[QUOTE]

    That's funny because I am the same way! I could come up with a million reasons to sign him long term and I could come up with a million to let him walk.

  14. #13
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,040

    Re: Dunn talks about the trade

    Quote Originally Posted by UK Reds Fan View Post
    Isn't EE enough protection...30 plus homer season with an OPS above 800. It isn't Manny Rameriz level of protection....but it isn't that bad either.

    Sink the money into pitching, pitching and pitching and then lets see if we can finallly contend.

    EE hasn't hit 30 HR yet
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-0

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    904

    Re: Dunn talks about the trade

    We need him for the future lock him up!
    Reds fan since 1970

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,190

    Re: Dunn talks about the trade

    umm... it always has been his team, which means nothing will change with Griffey gone, which means more losing, more prank phone calls, and more minimal effort. yeah, let's lock it him long term. Sounds like most of you have grown comfortable with .475, guess I should too.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25