Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Chris Dickerson gets called up to the Reds, who do you call to Louisville?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

If Chris Dickerson gets called up to the Reds, who do you call to Louisville?

The candidates are:

Sean Henry - .309/.381/.497
    Daniel Dorn - .260/.354/.533
    Drew Stubbs - .296/.397/.352

On pure merit, Henry probably deserves the promotion. Yet I'd be tempted to make it Stubbs. Why? Anything he does well will be a resume enhancer and if he struggles then the Reds can pass it off as conscious overpromotion (we were just getting him a taste of AAA, so he'd know what he's in for next year).
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Re: If Chris Dickerson gets called up to the Reds, who do you call to Louisville?

Henry.

Re: If Chris Dickerson gets called up to the Reds, who do you call to Louisville?

Dorn, He has more power and a better defensive OF than Henry. Plus this is his
    2nd stint in AA. The reason Stubbs was promoted was because Henry was not
    a very good CF.
    Last edited by BigRed07; 08-01-2008 at 01:14 PM.

Henry is the most deserving, though I agree with you on Stubbs. Dorn wouldn't be a bad choice either.

I like the Stubbs idea but Henry will probably get the call. I'd like to see Henry and Dorn both get some time in AAA this year.

Where did you get the idea that Dorn is better than Henry defensively? Dorn plays LF for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Grande Donkey View Post
    Where did you get the idea that Dorn is better than Henry defensively? Dorn plays LF for a reason.
    Yeah, I was also under the impression Henry was a better fielder and not by a little.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I have seen 13 games this year and Dorn is a much better OF. Dorn throws to the right bases and has not committed an error. He gets great jumps on balls and is very baseball smart.Henry tries to throw every guy out, which allows runners to move up. I will say this about Henry, he plays the game at 110%. Which has it +'s and -'s. I just think Dorn has more power and is more suited for Louisville at this point in their careers. Who knows, they just might send BJ back, you never know with the Reds.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed07 View Post
    Henry tries to throw every guy out, which allows runners to move up.
    Sounds like me in my Wednesday night softball league.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I would move up Dorn. Henry wouldn't be a bad idea though either.

Might they replace Dickerson by giving Richar a look in CF?
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Cut loose Mackowiak and call up Dorn and Henry.

Heisey is past due on a promotion to Chattanooga as well, so he could take one of their places (with B.J. and Stubbs).

I would hate to think that a Rob Mackowiak would hold back a Dorn, Henry, or Heisey.
    Last edited by BuckeyeRedleg; 08-01-2008 at 01:35 PM.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Stubbs -- he'll field his position with no problem, and seeing better pitching can only help him (either when he returns to AA next season or as his AAA stay continues).

Plus, he has the chance to pull a "small sample size success" out of nowhere and really up his value.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Stubbs wouldn't be a bad choice if your looking for a CF. Heisey could fill Stubbs
    shoes in Chattanooga. Heisey is neck and neck with Stubbs defensively and is probably ahead of him offensively.

I just hope Todd Frazier is promoted to AA before the end of the season. He's more than holding his own in Sarasota and I imagine he would perform well in the final month or so with Chattanooga.

Turn Off Ads?