Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Unbelievable lineup tonight....

Unbelievable lineup tonight....

I don't get Dusty.

Dunn has the highest OBP on the team and he bats Dunn fifth???? And Bruce third, whose struggling????

I get the lefty, righty, lefty thingie, but this is ridiculous.

Bat Dunn atleast third, Phillips fourth, then I'd bat Votto over Bruce, just because I think Joey isn't struggling as much, in the fifth spot.

......and we should have traded Bailey when he had some value. 2 runs allowed in the first inning. Ridiculous.
    Who's on first?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Unbelievable lineup tonight....

Does it matter?
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Human batting tee. That's what this kid is. Allows a double to leadoff the second inning. 5 hits allowed in 1.1 inning of work.
    Who's on first?

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    I don't get Dusty.

Dunn has the highest OBP on the team and he bats Dunn fifth???? And Bruce third, whose struggling????

I get the lefty, righty, lefty thingie, but this is ridiculous.

Bat Dunn atleast third, Phillips fourth, then I'd bat Votto over Bruce, just because I think Joey isn't struggling as much, in the fifth spot.
    Jocketty was quoted as saying that he wanted to try out the outfield of Dunn, Hairston and Bruce. I take this lineup as a Dusty looking toward the future and seeing how Bruce handles the 3rd spot. Bruce should be the Reds 3 hitter of the future. I see the Reds making many more decisions like this the rest of the year, pointed towards the future instead of the game that day.

It doesn't matter where you bat, if your pitchers can't get hitters out...

I'm going to think like a Conspiracy Theorist here, so let's get crazy:
    Maybe the Reds are hitting Dunn 5th to purposefully keep his RBI numbers down. The stats show that he should be hitting 4th, but the Reds continue to ignore them. So, maybe they want to keep his RBI numbers down to keep his price low. The difference between 100 RBI's and 120 RBI's might be 3-5 million per year. That wily ol' Jocketty...
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

There is a lefty on the mound tonight, I really dont mind what he did.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

I would love to see some sort of lineup with EE, Dunn, Phillips 3 4 5. To me EE seems like our best person to fill the 3 spot right now. Because he is usually a tough out, and can get on base for Dunn.

I think we will be seeing a lot of this lineup for the rest of the year. I would rather have Dunn 4th but we HAVE to have RLRLRLRLR

Hairston
    Keppinger
    Bruce
    Phillips
    Dunn
    EE
    Votto
    Ross
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Bruce and Phillips should be moved to the six and seven spots moving Dunn, EE, and Votto all up two spots in the order.

At least it looks as if we got something in the Griffey trade in Masset, although I suppose it was the Nationals, but following Homer, Masset looked amazing. A potential starter, but more importantly we finally have a long man so our bullpen isn't shot because of one bad start by Bailey. It also gives us the option to give Masset a spot start for someone who might just be a bit tired, without having to make any type of roster move. Man, why didn't we think of this long man thing before, huh? Could have probably saved Harang from getting bad enough to need a DL stint and from suffering through more Homer Bailey. Let the guy get a win in the minors before you expect anything from him in the majors.

Turn Off Ads?