Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs Nats 8/3/08

Re: Reds vs Nats 8/3/08

lol, nice job giving away an out.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

This is like a bad car accident....most days (not today) I have a choice to not look or listen....but I still do...

Phillips kills the rally by getting picked off.
    If you are going to be the dumbest team in baseball, might as well try your best to live up to it.

Something truly great and inspiring could still happen this game but my gosh, I wouldn't blame anyone for not sticking around to see it. This weekend is shaping up to be one of the lowest points for the Reds since the fateful west coast swing in '06.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I hope Dusty doesn't leave Cueto in to throw another 100+ pitches today. His stuff doesn't seem as sharp since the 120 pitch game two starts ago.

I got a kick out of George Grande saying "Hooters Dreamgirls" in the last promo!
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

That was a quick inning

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I hope Dusty doesn't leave Cueto in to throw another 100+ pitches today. His stuff doesn't seem as sharp since the 120 pitch game two starts ago.
    Or it could just be that he's had 2 less than stellar starts in a row. It's amazing how every bad start correlates to a game where the pitcher threw x pitches. I guess they'd be first in ERA if only the manager never let the starters go over 100 pitches.

No offense to you, OBM, but this is a common gripe.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I got a kick out of George Grande saying "Hooters Dreamgirls" in the last promo!

Okily-dokily, fans!
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

A six pitch second inning for Cueto.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Or it could just be that he's had 2 less than stellar starts in a row. It's amazing how every bad start correlates to a game where the pitcher threw x pitches. I guess they'd be first in ERA if only the manager never let the starters go over 100 pitches.

No offense to you, OBM, but this is a common gripe.
    Nobody is saying they'd be first in ERA, all I'm saying is his stuff hasn't been quite as good since he threw 120 pitches in six innings. This season is lost, I'd like to see Dusty start watching the pitch counts of Cueto and Volquez a little more.

Reds go in order quickly.

Jeff Keppinger is starting to prove he is a bench player. His range at SS is among the worst I've ever seen and his bat hasn't been the same since his knee injury.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Nobody is saying they'd be first in ERA, all I'm saying is his stuff hasn't been quite as good since he threw 120 pitches in six innings. This season is lost, I'd like to see Dusty start watching the pitch counts of Cueto and Volquez a little more.
    That I agree with, but it's too often that we are quick to place the blame on anything but the pitcher. Cueto has had 7 innings since the 120 pitch outing. Small sample size indeed.

It's a beautiful day and I'm going to do something I rarely do. I'm outa here. I'm sick of this team, the way they play and everything about them.

I'm going to wash the car, have a couple of beers and forget I was ever a fan.

I've had it.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Another scoreless inning for Cueto on 16 pitches. He hasn't pitched as bad as his line indicates.

Turn Off Ads?