Re: Players call "players only" meeting before today's game

Great stuff, Steel.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

2. Turn Off Ads?

That's hilarious! Nice work, Steel.

Not to fear. Doc Rogers said on Extra Innings yesterday that it takes 2 or 3 days for the results of a team meeting to show up.

He said it on the radio, I have no choice other than to believe it.

Was this before or after he said that the only problem with Corey Patterson was that he wasn't getting enough playing time?

(btw, I was wary of opening this thread today, given that I injured three ribs reading Steel's post last night.)
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    Was this before or after he said that the only problem with Corey Patterson was that he wasn't getting enough playing time?

(btw, I was wary of opening this thread today, given that I injured three ribs reading Steel's post last night.)
    I think it was in the same segment, if you can believe that.

I never listen to the guy exept for about 5 minutes last night. If he was serrious, I have no intentions of listening in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Dusty has never met the project managers I work with, I agree with him on this 110%.

I agree. If Dusty gets fired, I want him running the place I work at
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Best reading in a long time Steel...

You cannot defeat an ignorant man in an argument!
    -William Gibbs McAdoo

Though many of us here are sure trying

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    What if he makes that flashy but one-dimensional guy in sales the lead salesperson?

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

I think the results of the meeting are self-evident. They obviously decided to go for the #1 draft choice next year and the Nats need to win more to make that possible.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Haunted by walks

I would like to see a stat on the W-L record after team meetings. It's probably not very good, and Doc Rodgers is probably right that any positive effect, if there's going to be one, shows up a few days later.

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    I would like to see a stat on the W-L record after team meetings. It's probably not very good, and Doc Rodgers is probably right that any positive effect, if there's going to be one, shows up a few days later.
    That's a little bit skewed though. No team has a team meeting when things are going well. So a win-loss record is probably going to be poor.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I'm sure it'd be great to have your accounting office working in sales, your sales staff working out on the line, your welders working on the new marketing campaign, etc.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong View Post
    I'm sure it'd be great to have your accounting office working in sales, your sales staff working out on the line, your welders working on the new marketing campaign, etc.

GL
    I think some places could probably use a realignment like this.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/con...incinnatireds/

Said Dunn, “It wasn’t so much a meeting as an open forum. And everybody had in-put. Things not needed to be accomplished got accomplished. It isn’t like we’re not playing hard. We’re playing hard but just not getting it done. Trying hard doesn’t get it done, apparently. It’s all about production and we’re not doing it.

“We’re beating ourselves,” added Dunn. “They’re making every single play in the field and we’re making none. Like today. First inning. The ball is hit at me and I should at least knock it down and I can’t even do that.”

Said Dunn, “It wasn’t so much a meeting as an open forum. And everybody had in-put. Things not needed to be accomplished got accomplished. It isn’t like we’re not playing hard. We’re playing hard but just not getting it done. Trying hard doesn’t get it done, apparently. It’s all about production and we’re not doing it.

“We’re beating ourselves,” added Dunn. “They’re making every single play in the field and we’re making none. Like today. First inning. The ball is hit at me and I should at least knock it down and I can’t even do that.”
    Tell Adam Dunn that he is crazy. No need for open forums. And butchering plays is OK. Just tell the reporter your current OPS.

Turn Off Ads?