Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Morgan Freeman injured in car accident

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Morgan Freeman injured in car accident

AP -

Actor Morgan Freeman is injured in car accident

Oscar-winning actor Morgan Freeman was injured in a car accident late Sunday night and is in a hospital in Memphis, Tenn.

Regional Medical Center spokeswoman Kathy Stringer said Freeman, 71, is in serious condition. The hospital is about 90 miles north of the accident scene in rural Tallahatchie County in the Mississippi Delta.

Mississippi Highway Patrol spokesman Sgt. Ben Williams confirmed Freeman was in a wreck shortly before midnight Sunday, but said he was still gathering information and had few details Monday.

Clay McFerrin, editor of Sun Sentinel in Charleston, said he arrived at the accident scene on Mississippi Highway 32 soon after it happened about 4 miles west of Charleston, not far from where Freeman owns a home with his wife.

McFerrin said it appeared that Freeman's car was airborne went it left the highway and landed in a ditch.

"They had to use the jaws of life to extract him from the vehicle," McFerrin said. "He was lucid, conscious. He was talking, joking with some of the rescue workers at one point."

McFerrin said bystanders converged on the scene trying to get a glimpse of the actor.

When one person tried to snap a photo with a cell phone camera, Freeman joked, "no freebies, no freebies," McFerrin said.

The hospital where Freeman is being treated is commonly known as The Med, and is an acute-care teaching facility that serves patients within 150 miles of Memphis.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Morgan Freeman injured in car accident

Sad news. I wish him the best.

When one person tried to snap a photo with a cell phone camera, Freeman joked, "no freebies, no freebies," McFerrin said.
    Certain people have absolutely NO sense of decency. A man's in a car wreck and, for all they know, might end up dying, and they're wanting a picture with their cell phone? Gimme a break.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Wow, I had no idea Freeman was 71 years old.

He doesn't look it at all.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I smell a sequel, "Driving Mr. Freeman"

All kidding aside, my wishes for a speedy recovery. One of my favorite all time actors.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Easy Reader!
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Easy Reader!
    ...that's my name, uh huh huh!

"I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by PedroBourbon View Post
    I smell a sequel, "Driving Mr. Freeman"

All kidding aside, my wishes for a speedy recovery. One of my favorite all time actors.
    <Shawshank Voice> "You better either get busy livin' or get busy dyin'..."

Turn Off Ads?