Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fielder and Parra

Fielder and Parra

That was a bit crazy. Wonder what was said and what happened, but it seemed like it was all Prince going haywire. Props to Parra for not escalating it no matter who was at fault. Between reading about Ozzie yesterday and watching this, I am begging for some fire out of this ballclub. Not in the attacking your teammate mode, but maybe a bench clearing brawl soon? Could anyone on the Reds even get as angry as Fielder?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Fielder and Parra

Slick move by the Prince, way to get into an altercation that could have possibly injured one of your starting pitchers. You could see that Parra was very surprised by the actions, which seemed to be a cheap shot push. After the initial push, Prince then goes for the face.

did you hear ned yost? he quotes that "it would be rude to involve yourself in your neighbor's fight" I'm pretty sure that doesnt apply when you do it in front of TV cameras. He also said "it was no big deal", I'm not sure that one of your team leaders starting a fight in the dugout is not a big deal.

i am glad that it's the top news story on sportscenter...they foam at the mouth for this crap...
    it's gonna happen...it may take 20 years but when it does we'll look back and remember all of the games we got beat and stuck it out and we won't be bandwagon fans. haha...at least for some of us it hasnt been 100 years...

Yeah Ned your star 1st baseman knocks down then tries to hit one of your starting pitchers while he is still down..Yeah, no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by gitterdunn View Post
    did you hear ned yost? he quotes that "it would be rude to involve yourself in your neighbor's fight" I'm pretty sure that doesnt apply when you do it in front of TV cameras. He also said "it was no big deal", I'm not sure that one of your team leaders starting a fight in the dugout is not a big deal.

i am glad that it's the top news story on sportscenter...they foam at the mouth for this crap...
    haha that was funny...did ned not expect to get asked about it? ridiculous comment on his part imo

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    Yeah Ned your star 1st baseman knocks down then tries to hit one of your starting pitchers while he is still down..Yeah, no big deal.
    Especially after he doesn't even retaliate. Maybe the lack of meat in his diet is starting to get to Prince.

Link?

Next Year

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    Link?
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=280804117

Was pretty wild. I was watching and caught it just as it started. Prince had a completely crazy look in his eyes. Good thing he was restrained, because we might've seen an assault otherwise!

I was hoping Fielder would injure everyone and put the whole team on the DL.

Yost's comments were certainly peculiar. Maybe he should confront his neighbor in the front yard while in plain view of several witnesses, then shove his neighbor to the ground and get in his face.

I bet nobody notices at all.

I really don't see how Yost is brought back next year...this seems to point to his inability to control his club. I'd bet the ranch on a new manager for the Brewers next season.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Best part of the video: Jason Kendall. Hands down. Guy just sits down on the bench like nothing's happening!

Paging Crash Davis...

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    I was hoping Fielder would injure everyone and put the whole team on the DL.
    lmao

Cheekily Non-Conformist CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

"The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Turn Off Ads?