Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I will be in attendance tonight for JR

I will be in attendance tonight for JR

Bought my ticket yesterday. Juniors first home game as a White Sox...I will be cheering loud for him, and for everyone here!
    Reds fan since 1970

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Re: I will be in attendance tonight for JR

eh count me out
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

that sounds like a blast, make sure to let us know what type of reception he gets though its not hard to predict

that being said I must say that when i went to see a chisox game at us cellular I feared for my life. If i were a chicagoan (and not a reds fan) id def be a cubs fan haha.

I have tickets for Aug. 23rd & Sep. 26th. I am a diehard Reds fan, but I attend about 3 games a year at Sox park. I live 170 miles from both US Cellular Field & Great American Ball Park. I have enjoyed their ballpark & their passionate fans every time (& their winning ball club). I have never "feared for my life" around US Cellular Field, but I don't linger around after a game either.

sorry but the bronx is far more dangerous..

Quote Originally Posted by Chi-Town Red View Post
    Bought my ticket yesterday. Juniors first home game as a White Sox...I will be cheering loud for him, and for everyone here!
    Sounds like a waste of time and money. You're a Chi Sox fan?

That's great!Wish I was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhhorsepoo View Post
    sorry but the bronx is far more dangerous..
    The area around Yankee Stadium is much, much nicer than the area around Commisky.

not in general.. the immediate area might be.. but once you get farther than 1 mile out.. i would take south side of chicago over bronx.. good thing for NY.. subways right there bring you right to midtown..

Have any of you ever been to Bridgeport?....its a nice area...middle class working people live there...im 3 blocks from the stadium....
    Reds fan since 1970

Don't be surprised if you see number 609 tonight.

Yeah, looks like that game was pretty boring...

Gee, Batting Junior 7th - and he didn't throw a fit?!?!?

Glad we batted him 3rd all season long, even if he was the only other guy OPS-ing over .800 not named Dunn until Bruce showed up, he was lucky to be the 5th best hitter in our lineup.

At least we've got THAT one Albatross gone.
    Unfortunately we're still stuck with Brandon Philips and his .670 OPS (and getting lower every day) against RHP to deal with being penciled in the cleanup spot.

As one poster in another thread noted - WHO else in MLP has a CleanUp Hitter with 16 HR's and 64 RBI??!?!? Add in an OPS of .767 and I doubt anyone has LESS impressive numbers.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Just for the recor,d I sat next to the USA assistant coach the other night in the last Olympic warmup game against Canada, and we talked ball, I asked him about OPS, and he started laughing at me and said "oh, your one of those guys"....

bounty that is the MOST IMPORTANT STAT OF ALL TIME.. duh..

Jr received a standing "O" his first AB as expected....
    1 for 6 with 3 K'S.....Also misplayed a ball that went for a triple...not a great home start for him, but it was a good comeback win for the Sox.....He also received a standing "O" From the CF bleacher crowd when the Sox took the field in the top of the first.
    Reds fan since 1970

Turn Off Ads?