Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Guilty Pleasures

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: Guilty Pleasures

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    What's so guilty about that? I do that all the time. Of course, singing in the truck stop shower can get you some looks when you come out of there and realize that the shower rooms aren't soundproof. I'm not trying to brag, but I have a pretty decent voice and the other day I was singing in the shower and when I came out this other trucker was heading down the hallway to his shower room and he looked at me and said, "Why in the hell are you driving?" I'll take it as a compliment.
    Ok, you got me.

I just enjoy it, and I shouldn't enjoy it as much as I do. In that respect, I consider it a guilty pleasure.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    A giant chocolate milkshake. I just love that stuff.
    Make it a chocolate malt!
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Monsterquest

Movies with cheerleading in them, for some god forsaken reason I get sucked into watching them. I won't go out of my way to find them, but I have seen Bring it on, and the one where the cheerleaders rob a bank about 20 times.

When my wife isn't around Liver and Onions. I know that there can't possibly be anything worse to ingest, but I love me some Liver and Onions.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Wii Golf

12 under is my best. 9 holes in one and counting.

No one in the family will play with me.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Sometimes, my daughter will be watching "Full House". I'll sit down and watch it with her. Even if she leaves the room, I'll keep watching.

I watch "Bonanza" re-runs.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Enrique Iglesias

singing in the shower or the car
    And I know your ultimate guilty pleasure is combining those two: singing Enrique Iglesias in the shower or the car.

The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Miss Congeniality

Stan Fields: Miss Rhode Island, please describe your idea of a perfect date.

Cheryl "Rhode Island": That's a tough one. I would have to say April 25th. Because it's not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Sometimes, my daughter will be watching "Full House". I'll sit down and watch it with her. Even if she leaves the room, I'll keep watching.

I never knew you were such an Olsen Twin fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post

Strong words coming from a Gilmore Girls fanboy.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

A lot of the time, I marvel at the apparent wholesomeness while knowing Bob Saget would become a potty-mouthed comic, Dave Coulier become the target of Alanis Morrisette bile, and the trainwreck lives of Mary Kate and Ashley.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    And I know your ultimate guilty pleasure is combining those two: singing Enrique Iglesias in the shower or the car.

Like you haven't sang some Enrique Iglesias in your day....

My wife and I like to watch terrible network television. Our all time favorite might have been "The Profiler". Right now, we like "Numbers", a truly awful and completely unbelievable show about a genius professor and an FBI that somehow cannot solve crimes without using his algorithms.
    "Criminal Minds" is a close second right now. Am I to understand that there is an FBI team that actually gets a chartered jet all to themselves, and that the skinny, effete brainiac guy is actually cleared to carry a weapon?
    And don't get me started on "Crossing Jordan" or "CSI: Miami".
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Monsterquest

Movies with cheerleading in them, for some god forsaken reason I get sucked into watching them. I won't go out of my way to find them, but I have seen Bring it on, and the one where the cheerleaders rob a bank about 20 times.

When my wife isn't around Liver and Onions. I know that there can't possibly be anything worse to ingest, but I love me some Liver and Onions.
    You sure you don't mean cheerleader movies when your wife is not around?
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Fun Yuns
    Dr. Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    A lot of the time, I marvel at the apparent wholesomeness while knowing Bob Saget would become a potty-mouthed comic, Dave Coulier become the target of Alanis Morrisette bile, and the trainwreck lives of Mary Kate and Ashley.
    Saget was a fairly blue comic for several years before he landed his gig on "Full House." His stand-up was pretty good, with an interesting, rapid-fire style.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?