Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 25 man roster concerns....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

25 man roster concerns....

Okay, I understood these changes when they happened. Adding Bako to the roster because of Ross' injury before the season began. I even understood it when we kept 3 catchers on for a while after we activated Ross. I also understood it when we brought Patterson back up from Louisville when Hairston/Cabrera both went down with injuries and it was obvious that Hopper wasn't going to be ready. I get it. We were short handed and they didn't want to rush any of the kids. But why...oh why...are they still up here?

Cabrera's back, Phillips is up, Hairston came back (temporarily apparently), Keppinger's back. Why are we still carrying 3 catchers and Corey Patterson? Patterson certainly didn't EARN his promotion from Louisville. As for the kids down at Louisville...at the beginning of the season we didn't have any viable options for CF or C. That's not true right now. Both Hannigan & Dickerson have CONSISTANTLY hit and played d all season long.

Are the Reds deluded enough to think that Patterson and all 3 catchers are part of our long term plans? Or even for our plans for next season? One, MAYBE 2, of the catchers I can see. But 3? That's retarded.

Even if they go with the argument that they're still trying to have a 'winning' season this year, how is Patterson and the 3 headed monster helping us get there? I don't know about players options and such, so I don't know if we can send 2 of the catchers and Patterson back to the minors or not. But if not...release them. Good god. Not only can Hannigan & Dickerson not do any worse than these guys, but at the bare minimum they have upside to them and they ARE in our future plans. I know that Jocketty was new to the franchise and all, but his learning period should be LONG over IMO. He should have seen enough to at least make these 2 simple changes. There is simply no excuse for it. None. Until they cut bait with these guys, I can't take this team seriously.

~I don't have the time to get into the pitching side of the 25-man roster. The hitting/defense side should be the top priority without a doubt.
    Last edited by _Sir_Charles_; 08-05-2008 at 08:15 PM.

Turn Off Ads?