Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Things that irritate you while driving

Re: Things that irritate you while driving

Kids standing on the side of the street in traffic. I was driving the other day, and the town I was in was having a festival. Needless to say, there were tons of other cars, and tons of traffic. Then all the sudden this woman with about five kids is walking right next to the road with little kids inches from traffic.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Outsiders in Kentucky that don't know you can turn right on red.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    6. Concrete medians that can't be crossed. You take an exit and pull into a gas station on the right side of the road. When you pull out, you can't just turn left to get back to the interstate on ramp. You have to turn right, go down the street half a mile, and turn around.
    You have to do that on every highway in Michigan...

9. Metered on ramps. I know why they do it, but it's still annoying when everyone has to come to a complete stop and wait for a green light to continue on the ramp to the highway.
    I disagree. I bet you feel differently when you are in the right lane with heavy traffic...

Freeway exits with no reaccess...

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

My wife turning the Reds game off to "talk".
    Witty signature.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Might I add that Texas has the shortest merge ramps in the country. There's nothing like getting on the highway and having about two feet to merge.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Drivers that are not in a hurry when I am.

Drivers that are in a hurry when I'm not.

Driving thru a road construction area at 2pm on a weekday and not seeing a human being in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Freeway exits with no reaccess...
    Think about taking one of those in the middle of the night, it's like taking an exit into the twilight zone.
    Go Gators!

Might I add that Texas has the shortest merge ramps in the country. There's nothing like getting on the highway and having about two feet to merge.
    That is true. But look at the bright side of things, ORH. After you learn how to merge onto Texas highways, the other forty-nine states are going to be a breeze. Here is a quick tip for anyone merging onto a Texas highway for the first time: Don't slow down and don't stop. And for heaven's sake do not look in your rear-view mirror, you will probably not like what you see coming up behind you at 70 MPH or so. The way Texans look at is those other vehicles have brakes. Let them get a little use out of them.

I love the service roads along freeways in Texas, but it's kind of a surprise that the exiting traffic has the right of way over the traffic on the service road. Seems opposite to me.

Of course, the offramps are incredibly short as well, so I can see the reason for it. I'm just used to seeing that yield sign at the end of an offramp. And ... more importantly, not used to seeing one on the service road.

When the white line holding back left-turn traffic is painted too far out into the intersection, forcing left-turn traffic from other lanes to swing way out to avoid hitting the car that's sitting too far out into the intersection (although it's still behind the white line).

Why don't highway departments back the line for the left-turn traffic up just a bit, making the left turns from other lanes much easier?

My one hour commute home from my old job driving east on I-64 was right at the time the sun was going down on the horizon and would glare in the rear view mirror for a good 20-30 minutes. Sunglasses were minimal help.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Red lights on left turns during a green light for straight ahead. I'm sitting in the left turn lane with a red light, traffic to my right is proceeding with its green and the oncoming lanes have a green light too. There is no oncoming traffic and plenty of time/room for me to make a discretionary left turn. Can't turn though.
    Bingo. This drives me up a freakin' wall.

I often wish I could go around town and control the lights. It's amazing how often they are mistimed. I just don't know why the sensors don't work better.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Turn Off Ads?