Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: UC Football

Re: UC Football

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Thanks for the rundown. It's great that UC football keeps getting better. I used to love to go to those games when I was in like 7th grade but they were terrible.
    Who plays QB if it isn't Mauk?
    Right now Dustin Grutza is the favorite if Mauk is out. He's a senior and he started his sophomore year when Dantonio was here. He started two games last year when Mauk was hurt and looked pretty good. I don't think he's going to be a Ben Mauk, but I think he will surprise people. His sophomore year he was playing through injuries most of the year, and I think part of Mauk's success last year was Kelly's system instead of the QB. Mauk wasn't anything great before he came here last year, and there's a reason Kelly's QB's have always had huge numbers. The other two guys in the race are Chazz Anderson who is a redshirt freshmen and Demetrius Jones who transferred from Notre Dame after the fallout with Charlie Weiss. I think Jones is the qb of the future, but he just had rotator cuff surgery and isn't 100%. Chazz Anderson can is pretty fast and a good scrambler, so he could be a decent option, but it scares me throwing a freshman qb out there.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Mauk got denied in his final appeal today. Let's hope Grutza can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs23 View Post
    Mauk got denied in his final appeal today. Let's hope Grutza can do it.
    Sad, but expected. Hopefully Dustin can play well. I think Mauk benefited from the system in place, and hopefully he can too.

Took forever for the ruling, but it was expected. Suprising that Mauk wasn't allowed to plead his case, but thats how the cookie crumbles I guess. I heard someone bring up an interesting point the other day on wether the NCAA commitee took longer because of the rumors that Mauk would bring a lawsuit. He obviously doesn't have the time to do that now. Hopefully its not too late for him to have a tryout for an NFL team, but that is probably an even longer shot now than before. I wish Mauk nothing but the best. He seems like a class act and I hope he hangs around UC to mentor the younger guys.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I received my season tickets today.

Ben Mauk sued the NCAA.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Mauk was just denied again. He has one more chance to plead his case before the NKU game Thursday. I really doubt he has any shot now.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Mauk is grasping at straws. I don't blame him for trying, but its not going to get him anywhere. Can't wait until Thursday though.... got a nice little party planned.

Not so fast says Bill Koch. No decision has been reached:

No decision on Mauk after all
    Posted by BKoch at 8/26/2008 11:04 AM EDT on Cincinnati.com

The NCAA has not ruled on Ben Mauk’s request for a sixth year after all

In the latsst twist in the Mauk saga, Kevin Murphy, the attorney for Mauk who confirmed Monday night that the NCAA ruled against Mauk said this morning that no decision has been reached.

“The call that was made to me last night was a mistake,” Murphy said today.

UC compliance director Maggie McKinley confirmed this morning that the NCAA has yet to reach a decision.

Asked how a mistake like that could have been made, Murphy said only, “right now we’re still in the midst of this, so I need to focus on what we’re doing.

“I’m just concentrating on being positive and I’m grateful that they’re looking at this thing and we still have an excellent opportunity to get a positive ruling from the staff.”
    Interesting. Seems like a pretty big mistake somewhere.

Ben:

Let it go.
    Last edited by Chip R; 08-26-2008 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Political content

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Ben:

Let it go.
    It's not like he has done anything else since the lawsuit...the NCAA is just taking it's time reviewing the case. Ben feels he got screwed in getting turned down and not being able to speak on his behalf as outlined in the NCAA's regs, I don't blame him at all for wanting a fair appeals process.

I think what the NCAA is telling Ben (repeatedly now) is that you can tell us your story till you're blue in the face and we'll be sympathetic, but there isn't any documentation of the injury in question.

I just wonder what UC will do if Mauk's appeal does finally work.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Today is the day.

Go Cats!

Its not quite Reds Opening Day, but I've got a little extra bounce in my step today. Looking foward to listening in on the radio while watching the Bengals on TV wishing I was just as excited about them. Should be a fun season for UC football.

It's definitely a little hard to keep focused at work today.

SeeinRed, are you in Cincy? It's supposed to be a beautiful night...screw the radio, get to the game!

Turn Off Ads?