Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: UC Football

Re: UC Football

If I listened to Edskin I'd have another $10 in my pocket. I really came away impressed with OU today. That offense is darn good. UC's defense is no slouch, and OU could do anything they wanted out there. I'll be surprised if anybody touches them in Norman this year.

Grutza has a broken ankle, which is too bad. He seems like a great person in all his interviews always saying the right thing, and taking the whole Ben Mauk situation very well last year and this year. Hopefully he can come back and be effective. In the meantime we're probably going to have to move forward with Pike, which worries me. I'd love to see Jones in there against Miami, but from what I hear he isn't even close to healthy enough to be in full contact games throwing the ball 20-30 times a game. This injury really hurts, I just hope Pike surprise me and get the job done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs23 View Post
    Looks like someone was hitting the booze a little hard at 12:35 last night. :all_cohol
    nope i wasn't drinking but i'd love to know what you and a few others in this thread were smoking

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Young View Post
    nope i wasn't drinking but i'd love to know what you and a few others in this thread were smoking
    It's not like you were dead on or anything. You predicted a 35 point loss. It ended up being a 26 point loss. I predicted a loss as well, I just thought it would be closer than 21 points. So we each predicted about equally bad.

The booze comment might have been a little much though.

The early indications point to a very down year for the Big East in 2008. Despite the loss of Grutza, UC has no other team of the caliper of OU on the schedule (I'm not sure there's another one of those in the country. Maybe USC?).

Maybe I've been drinking the kool-aid a bit too much, but I like the Bearcats chances in the Big East this year. WVU is toast, UC has owned USF the last few years, UCONN is toast and the bottom half of the league has shown squat.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

If Pike/Jones or whoever can beat Miami Oh, Akron aand Marshall over the nest 4 weeks and if Dustin can be back on October 11th for Rutgers, then UC can very well win the Big East.

IIRC, there was good competition between Grutza and Pike for the starting QB slot and wasn't decided till a couple weeks ago.

Pike has a lot of ability, just not as much game experience nor as much experience at running the spread as Grutza. UC will be all right for the next few weeks.

They threw a little bit of a scare into Oklahoma. Plus, now they know what they need to do to play with the really big boys (and that's where Kelly wants to be).

If it hadn't been for Grutza getting hurt, I would have said this was a good experience for UC.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?