Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: UC Football

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Young View Post
    49-14 OU
    Oklahoma by 5 touchdowns? Really?

49-14 OU
    Looks like someone was hitting the booze a little hard at 12:35 last night. :all_cohol

Porkchop Sandwiches

I am ridiculously fired up for this game. I unfortunately cannot put my homerness aside, and am predicting a game decided by one touchdown, either way. Go Bearcats!

49-14 OU
    Not going to happen. UC's secondary is good enough to shut down, or atleast slow down OU's offense.

I'll say 21-20 OU. We miss an extra point, or don't get it going for two, with the win now philosophy.

31-24 UC!

Quote Originally Posted by DoogMinAmo View Post
    I am ridiculously fired up for this game. I unfortunately cannot put my homerness aside, and am predicting a game decided by one touchdown, either way. Go Bearcats!
    Ditto. I woke up nervous today. If I weren't at work right now (don't worry I'll be out the door at 3) I would be knocking back a couple weiser's to settle me down.

Let's not be nuts about this folks. I think UC's defense is good enough to beat the spread, but that's about it. OU wins 38-20.

Or something like that.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

49-14 OU
    You're beginning to appear clairvoyant. Sam Bradford has really exposed the secondary to the tune of 368 (!) yards to this point. This game combined with West Virginia's performance against ECU and Louisville's awful showing last week is a bad sign for the Big East. On the other hand, it gives me hope that a weak Louisville team can win some games in the conference and make a decent bowl.

Cincinnati is good. They may even be able to win the Big East. But Oklahoma in Norman is on an entirely different level. I'm only 50% sure my Buckeyes could stay within 17 points in Norman. I'd honestly rather play at USC, Florida, or LSU.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    Cincinnati is good. They may even be able to win the Big East.
    I agree with this but I think its more a function of the Big East this year than it is Cincinnati's relative skill level. This year could be as bad as the transition year a few years back win Pitt won the conference only because someone had to win it.

Looks like someone underestimated Oklahoma's offense.

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    I'm going to put 100 bucks on that 21 point spread.

That's ludicrous.

Go Cats, pretend it's a bowl game and the Sooners should get smoked!
    I hope you took Edskin's advice and didn't make this bet

Worth The Wait

Just got back from the game....I guess I won't say I told you so

OU's simply has an unreal amount of talent on offense. Honestly, Bradford could have thrown for 600 yards in the game. The OU O Line dominated, and the UC secondary didn't have a chance. I have really nice seats in the upper deck where you can see the pass routes develop-- and I can tell you that Bradford had his choice of wide open guys on most plays. Then, when the coverage was better, Bradford was still able to make throws in tight spots.

Our freshmen WR Broyles was a beast as well.

I like Brian Kelly, and UC had a good stategy-- they just don't have the horses to keep up with OU in Norman.

Some people around me (including my Dad) were nervous at halftime, but I said there was no chance OU could possibly lose because UC didn't have a clue how to stop the offense. No chance. I did think at that point though that maybe they could cover the spread.

OU totally dominated the 2nd half, save the putrid kick coverage.

Pretty much as I expected overall. Good effort from UC, but nowhere near making it a "good" game.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Any news on Grudza and his injury? The last I read was that it's a broken fibula and that best case scenerio would have him back in about a month. I bet it's longer than that though and boy is that devastating for the UC football team.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Turn Off Ads?