Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bats closing in on playoff spot

Bats closing in on playoff spot

They've broken away a bit from Toledo and have about half their remaining games against Columbus. It wil be interesting, there hasn't been a playoff team since 2001 I believe. I think the Bats have a good shot to take the IL crown.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bats closing in on playoff spot

They are now up eight games. They have a pretty good chance at winning the championship if they continue playing like they have lately.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    They are now up eight games. They have a pretty good chance at winning the championship if they continue playing like they have lately.
    They draw huge attendance here too, it seems like every year Louisville has won the attendance crown. This with a stadium that probably limits the overall attendance numbers a bit. It's nice to have this team finally start to win. At least Reds management hasn't neglected the Bats and built up a pretty good contender.

I wonder if the Bats get in the playoffs if the likes of Dorn, Stubbs, Valaika, Henry would get move up there to get that play off experience. Is there roster expansion for the AAA playoffs?

I'm excited for Louisville. And all this success is coming after pawning off players like Jim Brower, Tom Shearn, and Justin Lehr.

Send Bruce back down to strengthen them for the home stretch

Someone in the system should win a title
    Go Gators!

I'll be surprised if the Bats don't win the championship this year with the current team they have. They have strong starting pitching led by Daryl Thompson when he returns soon, Matt Maloney, Ramon Ramirez, Bobby Livingston, and AAA fodder like Pettyjohn, and the bullpen is very strong with power arms like Roenicke, Pelland, and Fisher and others like Herrera, Manuel, and Jon Adkins. And the offense has a nice mix between solid prospects like Rosales, Dickerson, Richar, Cumberland, and Janish and older veterans like Barker, Hanigan, and Drew Anderson. It's been fun following this team over the last few weeks with the great ball they've been playing.

I'll be surprised if the Bats don't win the championship this year with the current team they have. They have strong starting pitching led by Daryl Thompson when he returns soon, Matt Maloney, Ramon Ramirez, Bobby Livingston, and AAA fodder like Pettyjohn, and the bullpen is very strong with power arms like Roenicke, Pelland, and Fisher and others like Herrera, Manuel, and Jon Adkins. And the offense has a nice mix between solid prospects like Rosales, Dickerson, Richar, Cumberland, and Janish and older veterans like Barker, Hanigan, and Drew Anderson. It's been fun following this team over the last few weeks with the great ball they've been playing.
    I like this almost as much as the 'Broken Elbow for Lotzkar..Thank God' thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I'm excited for Louisville. And all this success is coming after pawning off players like Jim Brower, Tom Shearn, and Justin Lehr.
    The Reds just resigned Justin Lehr according to the radio announcer during last night's game.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I like this almost as much as the 'Broken Elbow for Lotzkar..Thank God' thread title.
    I probably didn't put it in the best words but Pettyjohn is a fine AAA starter but nothing else. There ain't nothing wrong with having a guy like that on the AAA roster.

Quote Originally Posted by roborobj View Post
    The Reds just resigned Justin Lehr according to the radio announcer during last night's game.
    Sweet. What the heck was his release really all about then? I'd love to hear an interview with him about his travels since he left.

It's really cool to see how well Louisville has played this year. They are currently the hottest team in the International League having won 6 in a row and at least 8 out of 10. No other team's won 8 of 10.

It had to happen as O'Brien and Krivsky moved this minor league system from a Bottom-5 in baseball to a Top-5 in baseball.

Winning feels good and it's an attitude that helps everyone at every level.

Plus, the fans love it. I love Minor League Baseball.

Chattanooga and Sarasota have percentages in the .470's for the season. It's not championship, but it's not terrible.

The franchise still needs better starting pitching.

If Dunn is not brought back, that brings in 2 more 1st Round/Supplemental 1st Round picks, potentially starting pitching.

Dayton's only 2 games out with about 20 games to play.

Waring's been great since the All-Star break (945 OPS).

Lotzkar had been tremendous since the All-Star break (.208 Opp Avg).

They've had Aguido Gonzalez for 6 appearances (he of the 0.00 ERA on the season at 3 levels.)

Jeremy Horst (he is a horse at 6'4" & 220) had an excellent .190 Opp Avg before the All-Star break, but what he's done in comparison after the All-Star break has been phenomenal. Before: 3.69 ERA in 39IP and 0 Starts After: 1.73 ERA in 42 IP & 6 Starts (5 Reliefs). But, that's not the half of it. He lowered his Walks from 19 to 7 and increased his K's from 39 to 51. He turns 23 October 1st. (Only 56 hits in 81 IP this year).

Batters are hitting only .189 off of Jeff Jeffords since the AS break.

and, Luis Montano has a 2.38 ERA in 9 starts since the AS break.

And, the beanpole (6'2" & 165) Juan Rafael has 19K's and 2BB's in 15 IP w/ a 1.20 ERA and 3-0 Record since the AS break.

I probably didn't put it in the best words but Pettyjohn is a fine AAA starter but nothing else. There ain't nothing wrong with having a guy like that on the AAA roster.
    Yeah, I agree with you. But 90% of the conversation on RedsZone is taking things out of context so that it sounds like what you want it to sound like for the sake of making conversation or arguing.

solid prospects like Rosales, Dickerson, Richar, Cumberland, and Janish...
    there might not be a prospect in the lot

Turn Off Ads?