Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What a joke of a team

What a joke of a team

This Reds team has just plain given up. Its a joke to even try to watch them play. I know they really havent got anything (besides from getting back to 500) to play for but my good lord this team is terrible. Why not play because you are big leaguers and love the game. This Reds team isnt worth watching. I had to spout off about this team, sorry.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What a joke of a team

preaching to the choir

Maybe, if they keep losing, Dusty will get fired. That's the only positive spin on this crap they are calling baseball.

Brutal....really, why would Dunn want to stay?
    Reds fan since 1970

how can our defense be this bad is my question? Cueto hasn't thrown to bad minus that ridiculous first inning we put out there.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Dusty is not getting fired he is owed too much money.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Dusty is not getting fired he is owed too much money.
    If they finish in last place, and Jocketty wants him gone, I think it will happen. They may not even have to finish last, just close.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    If they finish in last place, and Jocketty wants him gone, I think it will happen. They may not even have to finish last, just close.
    Lets hope
    Reds fan since 1970

going into the series with the rockies I really thought it was the reds time to do what they've needed to do for so long and reach 500. Since then they've been an absolute train wreck going 0-3 against the rockes, 1-2 against the astros and now 0-3 against the nationals (the nationals!). Its really been a painful week and a half for reds fans.
    3-2 at games this year
    5-9 all time

2010 central division champions

Sorry but anyone who wants to keep adam dunn is a train wreck.. his offensive minded philosophy is the reason the reds cant play defense.. honestly.. he has cost an extra 6 runs this week alone.. sorry but unless you are hitting .340, .600, and 1.10 with 60 homers and 150 rbis there is about no way you make up for his lack of defense, with hitting.. sorry it just cant be done..

like i said though.. griffey was more of a cog than people realize.. and until they blow it all up leaving only the young players.. and maybe harang and bphill as the old guys.. this team will be pitiful..

This team is ridiculous. I think its just apathy at this point. The team has been so bad for so long, there's no urgency, and theres no difference to them between winning or losing anymore. Show up, play, lose, go back to the clubhouse and chill and then go back to the hotel. I thought it was telling hearing Mallet's interview on Reds Live yesterday about how Baker telling him its a very laid back clubhouse. The exact type of manager and atmosphere we DON'T need right now. We need someone who will ruffle the feathers and light a fire. Like when Sweet Lou scuffled with Rob Dibble in the clubhouse. There's no emotion. Heck, the most emotion shown this year is when one of our broadcasters called out Junior. That's pretty sad in itself.

Now now, lets stay positive. At least dollar dogs are coming back.

The Reds and last place...

"they're together agaiiiiiinnnnnaaaahhhh"

What is disappointing is that the blunders come from a different player(s) every day. One day its Phillips getting picked off and making an error. One day its Dunn misplaying the ball in LF. One day its Bruce misreading a fly ball, etc... It is hard to really pinpoint the problem. It is unbelievably frustrating to watch.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by LouisvilleCARDS View Post
    This team is ridiculous. I think its just apathy at this point. The team has been so bad for so long, there's no urgency, and theres no difference to them between winning or losing anymore. Show up, play, lose, go back to the clubhouse and chill and then go back to the hotel. I thought it was telling hearing Mallet's interview on Reds Live yesterday about how Baker telling him its a very laid back clubhouse. The exact type of manager and atmosphere we DON'T need right now. We need someone who will ruffle the feathers and light a fire. Like when Sweet Lou scuffled with Rob Dibble in the clubhouse. There's no emotion. Heck, the most emotion shown this year is when one of our broadcasters called out Junior. That's pretty sad in itself.
    Yep... as that unnamed scout said about them, "That's a very low energy team".

I believe Leo Durocher also said something about nice guys finishing last. Which doesn't always hold true, but the Reds are too "nice" regardless.

Turn Off Ads?