Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Stubbs to Chattanooga

Stubbs to Chattanooga

Drew Stubbs is headed to Chattanooga. He should be there tomorrow.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Stubbs to Chatt

Very interesting news indeed.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Looking forward to seeing what he can do. Thanks for the update.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Good to hear. Will be very interesting to see how he finishes up the season.

I wish Drew all the luck in the world in AA.

His final High A stat line at Sarasota is fairly close to his final line at Dayton last year:

1. 2006 Billings: .252/.368/.400 for an OPS of .768 w/ 6 HR and 19 SB in 210 ABs
    2. 2007 Dayton: .270/.364/.421 for an OPS of .785 w/ 12 HR and 23 SB in 497 ABs
    3. 2008 Sarasota: .261/.366/.406 for an OPS of .772 w/ 5 HRs and 27 SB in 202 ABs

This is amazing consistency really. I previously wonderd about his home/road splits. Those have moved fairly close together in the last month, and there is only a 34 point differential in batting avarerage now.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

That's good to hear. Hopefully he can hit better and show more power.

Glad to see it. Hope it means Henry to Louisville.

The rest of the year in Chattanooga, most of 2009 in Louisville, and a September 2009 callup to the Reds. It is a tall order, but I hope Stubbs is up to the challenge.

Good news. Success at Chatt will drive his value up. If not, well at least we can stop waiting I guess. I wonder if another move is on the way. Dorn, Henry, Cumberland and Stubbs make quite a crowd. Dorn could play 1B, but Gutierrez needs to play. Henry is hot. Dickerson is kind of hot. Maybe a move on the major league team (Corey????) and a series of promotions.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Now it is time to see how much the FSL was holding his power numbers down...

Could be a showcase.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Could be a showcase.
    that's ridiculous, of course.

if Stubbs plays well enough to interest a team in need of a young RHHing CFer, then we'll keep him because that team is us.

I'm surprised that they promoted Cumberland before he got to play in the AA All-Star game. I was told that was the plan a week or two ago.

I agree with princeton's premise of challenge thy hitters, but he was pretty damn challenged in Sarasota and came up wanting.

A needed promotion based on who he is and not what he's done.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    I wish Drew all the luck in the world in AA.

His final High A stat line at Sarasota is fairly close to his final line at Dayton last year:

1. 2006 Billings: .252/.368/.400 for an OPS of .768 w/ 6 HR and 19 SB in 210 ABs
    2. 2007 Dayton: .270/.364/.421 for an OPS of .785 w/ 12 HR and 23 SB in 497 ABs
    3. 2008 Sarasota: .261/.366/.406 for an OPS of .772 w/ 5 HRs and 27 SB in 202 ABs

This is amazing consistency really. I previously wonderd about his home/road splits. Those have moved fairly close together in the last month, and there is only a 34 point differential in batting avarerage now.
    Past April of this year, his OPS is anemic, below .700. His primary weapon, OBP was merely adequate. He had a hot 5 days in July, just like he did in June.

He's been awful for over 2 months now.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Turn Off Ads?