Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday August 10th minor league updates

Sunday August 10th minor league updates

Sarasota trails 10-1 after 4. Klinker 10 earned runs in 3 2/3. Ouch!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sunday August 10th minor league updates

Chatt leads 2-0.
    Chattanooga Bottom 3rd

* Camilo Vazquez grounds out, shortstop Matt Matulia to first baseman Jake Fox.
    * Sean Henry singles on a ground ball to center fielder Sam Fuld.
    * With Justin Turner batting, Mark Holliman picks off Sean Henry at 1st on throw to Jake Fox.
    * Justin Turner singles on a ground ball to left fielder Tyler Colvin.
    * Daniel Dorn walks. Justin Turner to 2nd.
    * Tonys Gutierrez singles on a ground ball to left fielder Tyler Colvin. Justin Turner scores. Daniel Dorn to 2nd.
    * Chris Valaika doubles (18) on a line drive to left fielder Tyler Colvin. Daniel Dorn scores. Tonys Gutierrez to 3rd.
    * Eric Eymann strikes out swinging.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed07 View Post
    Sarasota trails 10-1 after 4. Klinker 10 earned runs in 3 2/3. Ouch!!
    Sarasota came all the way back. 10-10 in the 9th.

Francisco 2 for 4 with 1BB and a HR.
    Frazier 1 for 5 with a 2B.
    Heisey 2 for 4 with a walk and an SB (number 27).

Krebs 2.666 IP, 1H, 2K, 0ER, 0BB.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Sarasota came all the way back. 10-10 in the 9th.
    Wow, that's impressive. 10-1 in the fourth to 10-10. They need to instill that "no quit" attitude to the big club. Hopefully an infusion of youth will do that.

Heisey, to me, seems like one of the unsung prospects in the organization.

Heisy walks with the bases loaded to give the Reds a 11-10
    win in the 11th.

Watson, one scoreless yesterday, one scoreless today. Sample size growing larger.

You know, I wish there was a stat for relievers that quantified the percentage of "good jobs" they do. A guy could come in with bases loaded and no outs 10 straight times and get out of it every time. Then he could give up a grand slam in his next appearance and his ERA would be shot. But he has still done a great job. On the other hand, a guy can come in with bases loaded 10 straight times and let in three runs every time and be charged with none of them, a 0.00 ERA. The key thing for relievers, it seems, is the frequency in which they get the job done. Obviously, that's too general a description to be metric; but you get the idea.

It would be good to have a metric but you can get much the same info. by looking at the game by game info.: for minor leaguers, look at MILB.com and run the last ten appearances. The month by month data are useful too.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    You know, I wish there was a stat for relievers that quantified the percentage of "good jobs" they do. A guy could come in with bases loaded and no outs 10 straight times and get out of it every time. Then he could give up a grand slam in his next appearance and his ERA would be shot. But he has still done a great job. On the other hand, a guy can come in with bases loaded 10 straight times and let in three runs every time and be charged with none of them, a 0.00 ERA. The key thing for relievers, it seems, is the frequency in which they get the job done. Obviously, that's too general a description to be metric; but you get the idea.
    Jim Bouton in "Ball Four" used to qualify his outings that way. Excellent, Good, Poor and that's how he measured his own performance. I wouldn't be surprised if there was something like that.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

I read in the paper (C-J)that (Andrew)? Means, from IU that the Reds drafted, left baseball to return to football....maybe someone else already posted on it.

Quote Originally Posted by AccordinglyReds View Post
    I read in the paper (C-J)that (Andrew)? Means, from IU that the Reds drafted, left baseball to return to football....maybe someone else already posted on it.
    I believe this was the plan, for him to play his senior year of football after playing some this summer and then be back next year for baseball...

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Means and someone else whose name is slipping my mind right now both left to go play football their senior seasons in college.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Means and someone else whose name is slipping my mind right now both left to go play football their senior seasons in college.
    Will Hudgens.

Louisville won 3-0.

Dickerson: 1-for-4
    Richar: 1-for-3 walk
    Tatum: 1-for-3

Livingston: 7 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 6 K

Roenicke: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K

Turn Off Ads?