Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumbest Scene Ever in a Movie

Re: Dumbest Scene Ever in a Movie

Wow, I must like dumb movies:
    The Big Lebowski (funny stuff there)
    Shoot 'Em Up (loved it)
    Transformers (#2 all time fav behind TDK)

I gotta get out more.

When I think of dumb movies, I just use the list put out for Oscar Movie of the YEar. Those usually are horrid pieces of work that I can't stand to watch.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think this thread is confused. I expect bad scenes in Battlefield Earth and Independence Day.

How about bad scenes in GOOD movies?
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

It is all in the perception of things.
    Many years ago, I was watching The Godfather with a friend. The "Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes" scene came up. My friend was not impressed, as Michael did not know that the fish wrapped up in the bullet proof vest meant that the former owner was dead. "Everyone knows that!" he said.
    I could not convince him that everyone knows that because of the movie.

- Most scenes in "Lost In Translation." Two decent actors, AWFUL movie. It's hard to pick a dumb scene because almost every single one was dumb.

- Star Wars Episode 1...all of it. Most people already mentioned why: lousy chemistry, dumb script, dumb concept. One of my favorite standout dumb scenes was when the Liam Neeson character was measuring the "force" within Anakin using a women's razor that was painted grey.

-

Only one thing was good in Star Wars Ep. 1. Darth maul. And they killed him off rather quickly. So, it was very on the FAIL Meter.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

While we're bagging on Episode 1 -- they don't name Liam Neeson's Qui Gon Jinn until well over an hour into the film. Nobody uses his name until they meet Anakin's mother on Tatooine.

That's just horrific writing.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

How about the entire hospital sequence from Rocky II? The only good part is when Mickey says, "Well, what are we waitin' for?" Or maybe the running beach scene with a greased up Rocky and Apollo with the bizarre and sexually ambiguous hug in the surf...
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    "Roadhouse", the entire movie.
    You sir have no decency. The terriorists have won.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    How about the entire hospital sequence from Rocky II? The only good part is when Mickey says, "Well, what are we waitin' for?" Or maybe the running beach scene with a greased up Rocky and Apollo with the bizarre and sexually ambiguous hug in the surf...
    Agreed. Though the end of Rocky II more than makes up for it. Everytime I see it I cry "Man tears"
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    In the movie Wanted, the would be assassin trainee is taught that with the right flick of the wrist he can bend the path of bullets as they exit his gun. Giving him the ability to make bullets boomerang and warp around any objects taking all kinds of arcs and S turns to reach their target. Then they keep using that all movie - repeatedly.

Just absolutely dumbfounded on that one.
    I also found this especially irritating. Most people have a horrable lack of knowledge about firearms anyway, but I'm willing to bet that somewhere out there, some lugnut actually believes that people can do that with a gun because of that movie.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 08-11-2008 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    On topic, how about the entire movie of Pearl Harbor?
    The Air Force historian in my organization can go on a two-hour rant about how Michael Bay pretty much screwed up everything in that movie.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    The Air Force historian in my organization can go on a two-hour rant about how Michael Bay pretty much screwed up everything in that movie.
    Kids out playing baseball, early on a Sunday morning?

In the Sound of Music, Fraulein Maria tells the Mother Superior she was late because the Untersberg just kept "calling her higher and higher." Although the Untersberg is just outside Salzburg, it is a sizable mountain and would take the better part of the day to reach on foot from Maria's convent in the center of Salzburg. Also from Sound of Music, they show the Von Trapps escaping into the mountains, looking back on what one assumes is Salzburg. Based on the direction they're looking, they're actually escaping over the mountains into Berchtesgaden, Germany, which also happened to be the location of Hitler's Alpine Hideaway.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

One thing that has always annoyed me, that happens in many sports movies:

When a team wins their last game, and it is not a championship, and the movie ends.

Examples: Varsity Blues, they win the District Championship and it is the last game they ever play.

Major League and Major League II same deal.

Rookie of the Year never found out what happened to the Cubs in the World Series. My guess is they lost.

It just annoys me.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    One thing that has always annoyed me, that happens in many sports movies:

When a team wins their last game, and it is not a championship, and the movie ends.

Examples: Varsity Blues, they win the District Championship and it is the last game they ever play.

Major League and Major League II same deal.

Rookie of the Year never found out what happened to the Cubs in the World Series. My guess is they lost.

It just annoys me.
    Varsity Blues doesn't annoy me simply because the movie wasn't about winning the title. Quite the opposite, actually.

Zoinks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hap View Post
    I was not a fan of the Captain Howdy images from The Exorcist. In my opinion, they added nothing to the plot and were not at all scary.
    I'm not sure I would call them scenes though, it didn't even last a second.

Turn Off Ads?