Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumbest Scene Ever in a Movie

Dumbest Scene Ever in a Movie

A couple of buddies and mine were talking about Ocean's 12 and how the Julia Roberts looking like, uh, Julia Roberts scene was perhaps the dumbest scene we've ever seen in a movie. So what's your dumbest scene?

Since I can't nominate the entire movie The Big Lebowski, I nominate the one above.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dumbest Scene Ever in a Movie

I caught the end of Transformers last night on the tube.

I nominate that... nothing worse than movie based on a toy line, written by guys who never had an original idea that didn't involve their pop culture addled life.

Any Godfather III scene with Sofia Coppola.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Her death scene alone killed the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Not a bad choice. The scene with the helicopter and the attempted massacre of all the mob heads was pretty ridiculous as well.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Red Dawn (which they are remaking) invaded by Cuba... ummmmm yeah.... sure right....

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Not a bad choice. The scene with the helicopter and the attempted massacre of all the mob heads was pretty ridiculous as well.
    Probably would've been better off leaving this movie "in production."

Picking on bad movies is easy.

How about the "alien" scene in Monty Python's "Life of Brian." Great movie, but this scene served no purpose, really.

Star Wars Epidose I.

Young Anakin Skywalker accidentally gets trapped in a Naboo starfighter during a firefight, accidentially blows up some destroyer droids, accidentally flies into space, accidentially lands in exactly the right hanger in the enemy mothership, and then accidentally blows it up. The only thing that could have improved this comedy of movie-making would have been if Anakin had somehow found a way to blow up Jar Jar Binks in the process.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Star Wars Epidose I.

Young Anakin Skywalker accidentally gets trapped in a Naboo starfighter during a firefight, accidentially blows up some destroyer droids, accidentally flies into space, accidentially lands in exactly the right hanger in the enemy mothership, and then accidentally blows it up. The only thing that could have improved this comedy of movie-making would have been if Anakin had somehow found a way to blow up Jar Jar Binks in the process.
    It wasn't luck ... it was the force.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Red Dawn (which they are remaking) invaded by Cuba... ummmmm yeah.... sure right....
    Sounds like it's being made by the same folks who wrote the Mighty Ducks 3, which I think is the one where they decided the big bad evil country should be Iceland. Maybe instead of Red Dawn, they should remake The Mouse that Roared. These days the actions of the Duchy of Grand Fenwick are more realistic than some of the convoluted ideas movie producers are coming up with.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Sounds like it's being made by the same folks who wrote the Mighty Ducks 3, which I think is the one where they decided the big bad evil country should be Iceland.
    I thought that was was Mighty Ducks 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I thought that was was Mighty Ducks 2?
    Yep. Mighty Ducks 3 was at the boarding school in Minnesota.

I will have no more of this Mighty Ducks bashing.

I was not a fan of the Captain Howdy images from The Exorcist. In my opinion, they added nothing to the plot and were not at all scary.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by Hap View Post
    I was not a fan of the Captain Howdy images from The Exorcist. In my opinion, they added nothing to the plot and were not at all scary.
    I thought that was one of the scariest things I had ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hap View Post
    Captain howdy's here but
    We can't see him
    We can't see them

Hammering the cramps
    Hammering the cramps

Turn Off Ads?