Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumbest Scene Ever in a Movie

Re: Dumbest Scene Ever in a Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    "Roadhouse", the entire movie.
    Now that's quite a bit enough!

What did poor Patrick Swayze do to you???

2. Turn Off Ads?

"Roadhouse", the entire movie.
    Way off on that one; Patrick Swayze was robbed of an Oscar. His performance as Dalton was hands down one of the best acting performances of the last half century.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Oh yeah, and dumbest scene ever in a movie? So many to choose from...

You could write a book containing nothing but awful scenes from Batman & Robin including, but not limited to:

"Hi Freeze, I'm Batman"
    "OK everybody, Chill!"
    "Take two of these and call me in the morning
    ."

Ugh....

Also on my list:

* - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: Harrison Ford survives a nuclear detonation in a lead-lined 'fridge.

* - The X-Files: Mulder and Scully go from trapped, alone, in Antarctica with no working method of transportation back to the FBI HQ in Washington with no explanation given as to how they got there.

* - Mission Impossible 2: The last "fight" between Tom Cruise and whoever the hell the bad guy was in that one.

* - Star Trek V: They go to a planet and meet God -- who is promptly blown up by a Klingon photon torpedo. William Shatner clearly disliked going to Sunday school.

* - XXX: Vin Diesel informing the audience that his proficiency with guns came from playing a lot of "first person shooter video games when he had a broken leg." Yup. That's my generation they're appealing to right there.

If work is boring tomorrow, expect an update to this list, because I've seen a lot of really bad movies...
    That style of bad lines was accurately foreshawdowed in the Simpsons a few years before Batman and Robin was released when McBain (Ahhnud) pops out of an ice statue and says...."ice to see you".

Independence Day.

Specifically...

The Fresh Prince and The Fly take off in an alien spacecraft that hasn't flown in 50 years designed for telepathic beings with 8 foot long arms. the cockpit is re-designed in about 20 minutes, and after 30 seconds, The Fresh Prince flies to the mother ship, fires a nuclear missile, then out flies the entire TELEPATHIC alien armada. Oh, and this after The Fly uploads a virus with his Mac notebook. (ok, that part is believable as I feel Macs were created by aliens).

wretch.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Battlefield Earth - where do I begin?

I think my favorite part is when the Man-Animals (or Rat Brains according to Travolta's character Terl) find an abandoned underground Air Force Base built into the side of a mountain. The base is 1000 years old, and yet the lights turn on with a flick of the switch. Then, they find a large collection of Harrier Jets fueled up and ready to go after 1000 years of neglect, and they learn to fly the Jets by turning on an overhead projector that happens to have instructions sitting on it. So, of course they outfly the Aliens with superior technology. Oh, and by the way, the Man-Animals, lead by the inimitable Barry Pepper, were fighting each other with sticks a week earlier. Now I'm not an expert on the Air Force procedures, but I'm going to guess that the Harrier with its unique capabilities is a VERY difficult plane to fly for trained experts, let alone people one step away from cave men.

I love that movie....
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Independence Day.

Specifically...

The Fresh Prince and The Fly take off in an alien spacecraft that hasn't flown in 50 years designed for telepathic beings with 8 foot long arms. the cockpit is re-designed in about 20 minutes, and after 30 seconds, The Fresh Prince flies to the mother ship, fires a nuclear missile, then out flies the entire TELEPATHIC alien armada. Oh, and this after The Fly uploads a virus with his Mac notebook. (ok, that part is believable as I feel Macs were created by aliens).

wretch.
    The least-compatible computer on Earth is somehow compatible with alien bugspeak technology.
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 08-11-2008 at 12:29 PM.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

The least-compatible computer on Earth is somehow compatible with alien bugspeak technology?
    The mac was developed by aliens.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    That movie, like so many others, was a wonderful example of Hollywood taking something great and then killing it.
    See: "League of Extraordinary Gentleman, The"
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

The least-compatible computer on Earth is somehow compatible with alien bugspeak technology.
    My Mac can run Windows. My PC can't run Mac OS. Which one's more compatible?
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

My PC can run MacOS, and I don't need another OS to run 80% of available software :

On topic, how about the entire movie of Pearl Harbor?
    Go Gators!

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    I'm with you there.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Most Rocky movies where Rocky regularly gets hit by haymakers that would drop a Clydesdale. His face turns to hamburger but is otherwise unfazed.

"Adrian!".
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Take your pick from any scenes in the following;

Shoot 'em up
    Balls of Fury
    Death Proof

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    I'll see your Pearl Harbor and raise you Reindeer Games (another Affleck gem).
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Most Rocky movies where Rocky regularly gets hit by haymakers that would drop a Clydesdale. His face turns to hamburger but is otherwise unfazed.

"Adrian!".
    But I always thought the proper technique in boxing is to use your own chin to block the opponent's punches!
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Turn Off Ads?