Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so long

so long

After 48 years i can sadly say good bye. I will miss baseball but
    i can no longer watch such a lost club work in this era.Nothing seems to stem the downward slide over the past ten years. My baseball savy friends have always told me what a sorry organization the Reds are but i have always looked the other way.They were right and i was wrong to hold on. Good bye.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: so long

Don't let the door hit ya.

I've been a Reds fan since the late 1940's and I know this team is very, very bad but I still watch and follow them.

I love baseball and I will still follow my team. If you want to leave, that is your choice but I'm going to hang around.

rock bottom....that's what this team has just hit
    Reds fan since 1970

Went to the game today with our Little Leaguers. Sat through the entire game just so the boys cold run the bases ater the game.

I've been following the Reds for 50 years. I think today was the worst thumping I have ever seen a Reds team take while I was at the game.

Who'da thunk we'd be getting a downgrade when swapping in Harang for Bailey? It really doesn't seem to matter who goes to the mound recently, they're all bad. Then when a rare solid start comes around the offense makes sure to still score less than the opponent.

I find it amusing that in game recaps ESPN has downgraded the Reds from its previous rating of "floundering" to the dreaded "moribund". Can you get any lower than moribund?

Not sure, but if it's at all possible I see our Reds getting there!

Sad time to be Reds fan....:thumbdown
    Reds fan since 1970

studiodd

It may be bad, but I'm still gonna wear my reds hat tomorrow, just like I do everyday.

Fan since 1976.

Quote Originally Posted by standerson View Post
    I've been following the Reds for 50 years. I think today was the worst thumping I have ever seen a Reds team take while I was at the game.

Bummer! I can say, somewhat proudly, that I watched, from the Sun Deck, one of Paul Wilson's final MLB regular season starts when he gave up half a bucket of baseballs to the Dodgers a few years back.

I'm not sure Jeff Kent's upper deck blast was even caught. The ball might have just disintegrated as it left the atmosphere.

I think it was, like, 11-0 by the end of the second inning. But my memory won't let me go there...
    Last edited by realreds1; 08-10-2008 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenHayes View Post
    After 48 years i can sadly say good bye. I will miss baseball but
    i can no longer watch such a lost club work in this era.Nothing seems to stem the downward slide over the past ten years. My baseball savy friends have always told me what a sorry organization the Reds are but i have always looked the other way.They were right and i was wrong to hold on. Good bye.
    Hopefully you'll be gone for 48 years.Maybe by then you and your friends will learn how to spell savvy (doh!) correctly.
    "There have been only two geniuses in the world, Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare." Tallulah Bankhead

Eh, as ugly as it is, I can't give up, this ain't Cleveland. There is a strong enough young core to keep me around, especially if BCast wants to open up his man purse this off season.

Been a fan since the day I was born, 85. Never giving up.
    Whatcha gonna do, brother, when Brennemania runs wild on you!!

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I can't give up or go anywhere else. There's nowhere else to go. I'm here till the end.

If you want to 'leave' and say goodbye to baseball or the Reds, you never loved either in the first place.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    I can't give up or go anywhere else. There's nowhere else to go. I'm here till the end.

If you want to 'leave' and say goodbye to baseball or the Reds, you never loved either in the first place.

I agree 100%, i'm as frustrated with this team as the next guy, but it's not a choice to care whether they win or not, it's just something inside of you that you can't control. I honestly wish i didn't care, it would make me a lot happier person, considering i'm 20 and missed out on all the good years, but hopefully the good days will come around again soon.

Turn Off Ads?