Anderson: 1-for-3 two walks
    Griffin: 2-for-5 double
    Janish: 1-for-4 walk

Mallett: 5 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 0 BB, 3 K

Fisher: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 K

Herrera: 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Monday August 11th minor league updates

The DSL Reds boxscore is only updated through seven innings but so far Juan Duran is 2-for-4 with a double and a walk.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed07 View Post
    Francisco gives Sarasota a 2-1 lead with his 21st bomb.
    Francisco finished strong last year and is doing the same at High A this year. Just turned 21, great power prospect.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Cumberland just became a heck of a lot more interesting from my point of view. Dorn as well. But I certainly hope the solid years from Cumberland/Dorn didn't have anything to do with the Adam Dunn trade.

But facts are facts. Now that Dunn is gone, I'll be paying much closer attention to Cumberland and Dorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Cumberland just became a heck of a lot more interesting from my point of view. Dorn as well. But I certainly hope the solid years from Cumberland/Dorn didn't have anything to do with the Adam Dunn trade.

But facts are facts. Now that Dunn is gone, I'll be paying much closer attention to Cumberland and Dorn.
    don't forget Henry... I like him the best out of the three. but still the bottom line is that those three are guys, who won't be allstars more than likely, but have the ability to be good defenders and solid consistent offensive players. The future of the OF defense looks very bright, with Stubbs included

Don't think the Dunn trade is affected at all by Dorn, Henry, Cumberland et. al. Strictly about the lack of payroll flexibility--the money committed to Arroyo, Cordero, Freel, Gonzalez--and WJ's recognition that this team needs to be built from the ground up and that he'll need as much flexibility as possible to do that.

Billings lost 8-7.

Puckett: 1-for-5 SB
    Sappelt: 3-for-4 walk
    Brown: 0-for-3 two walks
    Stiffler: 1-for-2 double, two walks
    Mendez: 2-for-4 double, 3 RBI

Buchholz returned from the DL and pinch ran.

Beal: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 4 K

The Reds could afford Dunn if they needed to. The only road block would have been 2011, but if they were to take Arroyo's buyout, it no longer would have been a problem.

It's not simply a question of affording; it's a question of flexibility. Jocketty's got to change large parts of the whole team. Working around one big number in the middle of that, particularly for a guy with next to no flexibility in position, makes it a lot harder to operate.

NOTES: Though he entered the game as a pinch runner, Buchholz still has not been cleared to play in full since breaking his wrist earlier in the year.

http://www.billingsgazette.net/artic...24-miscues.txt

Turn Off Ads?