Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: I guess the best thing about the Dunn trade is...

  1. #1
    Schnickelfritz BurgervilleBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Wyldur
    Posts
    726

    I guess the best thing about the Dunn trade is...

    ...no more Dunn threads.
    That Joey Votto is some kind of Man Candy!

    "For them to boo me like that, it lets me know they dream about me at night. -- Brandon Phillips on Cards fans.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    500

    Re: I guess the best thing about the Dunn trade is...

    Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    ...no more Dunn threads.
    Kind of like how there are no more Hamilton threads since he was traded?


  4. #3
    Schnickelfritz BurgervilleBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Wyldur
    Posts
    726

    Re: I guess the best thing about the Dunn trade is...

    Doh!!!
    That Joey Votto is some kind of Man Candy!

    "For them to boo me like that, it lets me know they dream about me at night. -- Brandon Phillips on Cards fans.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Weatherford, Texas
    Posts
    2,125

    Re: I guess the best thing about the Dunn trade is...

    Um, I guess there is a lot of people happy now that Dunn is gone...

    I for one am not one... This team and people on the board complain about Dunn wanting 100 Million Dollar contract but this team pays 3 Million for a guy hitting less than .200... And then say, "Atleast he plays good defense"

    If the Reds were planning on Trading Griffey and Dunn, Hamilton should not have been traded... even for Volquez...

    Volquez is a Premier pitching Talent but his stock was at an all time LOW when that trade was made...

    Unless Max Sherzer is part of that Dunn trade.. It was a joke... Allard Baird proportions amongst Trades...

  6. #5
    Schnickelfritz BurgervilleBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Wyldur
    Posts
    726

    Re: I guess the best thing about the Dunn trade is...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    I for one am not one... This team and people on the board complain about Dunn wanting 100 Million Dollar contract but this team pays 3 Million for a guy hitting less than .200... And then say, "Atleast he plays good defense"
    Different GMs. Different players. Different attributes. Even if Dunn's bat was combined with Patterson's defense, I still say there's no way you pay him $125-million.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    If the Reds were planning on Trading Griffey and Dunn, Hamilton should not have been traded... even for Volquez...
    Who says they were at the start of this season? They needed pitching and you were not going to get Volquez for Dunn or Griffey. So Hamilton it was. But I don't think they went into this season thinking, well, if we tank, let's just trade the two faces of this organization.

    I understand all of the manlove for Hamilton but cut the cord, folks. He's a Texas Ranger now. Because, a good Christian like Hamilton would remind you that coveting is a sin.
    That Joey Votto is some kind of Man Candy!

    "For them to boo me like that, it lets me know they dream about me at night. -- Brandon Phillips on Cards fans.

  7. #6
    Member kpresidente's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,237

    Re: I guess the best thing about the Dunn trade is...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    I for one am not one... This team and people on the board complain about Dunn wanting 100 Million Dollar contract but this team pays 3 Million for a guy hitting less than .200... And then say, "Atleast he plays good defense"
    Right. That seems to be the general feeling about Patterson.

    I mean, sometimes all I see around here is Patterson apologists.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Weatherford, Texas
    Posts
    2,125

    Re: I guess the best thing about the Dunn trade is...

    Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    Different GMs. Different players. Different attributes. Even if Dunn's bat was combined with Patterson's defense, I still say there's no way you pay him $125-million.


    Who says they were at the start of this season? They needed pitching and you were not going to get Volquez for Dunn or Griffey. So Hamilton it was. But I don't think they went into this season thinking, well, if we tank, let's just trade the two faces of this organization.

    I understand all of the manlove for Hamilton but cut the cord, folks. He's a Texas Ranger now. Because, a good Christian like Hamilton would remind you that coveting is a sin.
    Dude, it is not madlove for Josh Hamilton... Volquez had been demoted to A ball and career stats were like 4-11, with a 6.36 ERA...

    All time Low value is what I was saying...

    I also understand that they didn't know that they were letting Griffey and Dunn go... But lets be real... Dunn was a Free Agent... You are either going to pay him or your not... Griffey was due either 16 Million or 4 Million buy out... Um, you are going to buy him out or trade him to a contender... The organization did't just decide on a random day in July and August to move those guys....

    Also I wasn't suggestign combining the 2 would be worth 100-125 MILLION. No other team in the majors would pay a guy 3 million who has zero offers. No other team would keep playing any player making 3 Million or 390,000 that is hitting .200 or lower... My gosh, even the Royals benched Tony Pena Jr. for his .150 BA and he played GREAT defense...

    Anyway... Volquez has came to Earth the last few games, albeit the game versus the Pirates last night, and Josh has 28 Homers and 111 RBI...

    Oh, ok...

    Anyway... Bob C said win now. Krivisky was fired... Now there is a payroll purge... This team isn't even concerend with playing .500 ball or finishing above .500... so is is a joke...

    Everything from Bob C's first press conference to firing Krivisky (who I didn't like anyway), to this Adam Dunn Trade...
    Last edited by Hondo; 08-13-2008 at 01:22 PM.

  9. #8
    Member kpresidente's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,237

    Re: I guess the best thing about the Dunn trade is...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    The organization did't just decide on a random day in July and August to move those guys....
    I think you're wrong, at least about Dunn. WK might have tried to sign him. WJ let it be known from the get-go he didn't want him around.

    Two different GMs could very easily had different plans.

    Anyway, I'd rather have Volquez than Hamilton. Volquez is 6th in the majors in ERA pitching out of a hitters park. Hamilton is only 19th in OPS hitting in a hitters park. In other words, Volquez is a better pitcher than Hamilton is a hitter. That's pretty much the whole story.
    Last edited by kpresidente; 08-13-2008 at 01:31 PM.

  10. #9
    Schnickelfritz BurgervilleBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Wyldur
    Posts
    726

    Re: I guess the best thing about the Dunn trade is...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Dude, it is not madlove for Josh Hamilton... Volquez had been demoted to A ball and career stats were like 4-11, with a 6.36 ERA...
    But he had potential. That's what the Reds were looking at. After all, who thought a former self-destructive, drug using, arrogant flame out would be worth a pick up? The Reds did last year with Hamilton.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    I also understand that they didn't know that they were letting Griffey and Dunn go... But lets be real... Dunn was a Free Agent... You are either going to pay him or your not... Griffey was due either 16 Million or 4 Million buy out... Um, you are going to buy him out or trade him to a contender... The organization did't just decide on a random day in July and August to move those guys....
    I'm sure that the organization went into this season thinking that this could be the last year for one or both of them. However, those were matters that would wait until the off-season.

    At the trade deadline, nobody wanted Griffey or Dunn, or were going to offer anything that was more useful than a box of toothpicks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Anyway... Bob C said win now. Krivisky was fired... Now there is a payroll purge... This team isn't even concerend with playing .500 ball or finishing above .500... so is is a joke...

    Everything from Bob C's first press conference to firing Krivisky (who I didn't like anyway), to this Adam Dunn Trade...
    First off, this isn't a payroll purge. If so then Cordero, Arroyo, Harang and several other players would be gone. The Reds were willing to spend money to get Dunn and Junior off the team. They've eaten a lot of contracts this season.


    Also, I'd like to know how you divine that this organization isn't concerned with playing .500 ball. What article did you read that nugget of wisdom in?

    In my opinion, this organization is still recovering from the Schott/Lindner/Bowden era. Castellini made the mistake of trying to go for the quick fixes rather than continue the plan Dan O'Brien had. It's going to be another year or so before all of that gets straightened out.
    That Joey Votto is some kind of Man Candy!

    "For them to boo me like that, it lets me know they dream about me at night. -- Brandon Phillips on Cards fans.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    333

    Re: I guess the best thing about the Dunn trade is...

    Nah, the best thing is watching the pro-Dunn forces go into complete toddler-meltdown mode, venting at everything in sight--Marty, Cincinnati sports media, Reds fans, Pete Rose, the Big Red Machine, Jocketty, Castellini, maybe even Peanut Jim Shelton--because the Reds traded a one-dimensional defensive liability who we most likely wouldn't have re-signed anyway.

    They're right, and EVERYBODY ELSE is wrong.

    It's been quite entertaining.

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Weatherford, Texas
    Posts
    2,125

    Re: I guess the best thing about the Dunn trade is...

    Quote Originally Posted by tsj017 View Post
    Nah, the best thing is watching the pro-Dunn forces go into complete toddler-meltdown mode, venting at everything in sight--Marty, Cincinnati sports media, Reds fans, Pete Rose, the Big Red Machine, Jocketty, Castellini, maybe even Peanut Jim Shelton--because the Reds traded a one-dimensional defensive liability who we most likely wouldn't have re-signed anyway.

    They're right, and EVERYBODY ELSE is wrong.

    It's been quite entertaining.
    Dude, your post is RUDE #1, and the Dunn supporters could say the same exact thing about you... You think you are right and there is no other way about it...

    Thats a great Post though... Atleast the other guys who disagree with me are debating and not throwing out Garbage texts like that...

    Toddler- Meldown Mode, yeah you are the joke.

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    866

    Re: I guess the best thing about the Dunn trade is...

    there are more dunn threads right now than i EVER remember there being.. and he has been gone for 2 days..

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    7,580

    Re: I guess the best thing about the Dunn trade is...

    Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    ...no more Dunn threads.
    RU kidding me? There'll be a lot of Dunn threads. He still hits 40 homeruns a year and at 28 is having his best year ever. It will get more one-sided though as nobody has to watch his defense any more on a day-to-day basis. It's likely they never see his defense again unless it's a playoff game or they're facing the REDS. It will just be the SportsCenter highlights 40 times a year.

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    866

    Re: I guess the best thing about the Dunn trade is...

    the sportscenter highlight of him half trying to get to that ball last night on the double was plenty of reason for me to lift a glass and smile..

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    190

    Re: I guess the best thing about the Dunn trade is...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahhhorsepoo View Post
    the sportscenter highlight of him half trying to get to that ball last night on the double was plenty of reason for me to lift a glass and smile..
    I think he was nervous playing RF for the first time in a while. Just like you thought Dickerson was.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25