Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Dunn appreciation thread

Adam Dunn appreciation thread

With the trade of Dunn today, Dunner finishes his Reds career with a .247/.380/.520 - .900 OPS line. The .900 OPS is the second best in Reds history and his 270 homeruns are the fourth most in Reds history. He's also sixth in walks with 755. Dunner had a great career and finishes as one of the best offensive players in the long history of the Cincinnati Reds. Thanks a lot for all the great memories Dunn! You have been my favorite Red since the day the Reds called you up on July 20th, 2001. You represented the Reds well on and off the field. Good luck in Arizona!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Adam Dunn appreciation thread

What he said.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Reds All-Time Home Run Leaders
    1. Johnny Bench - 389
    2. Frank Robinson - 324
    3. Tony Perez - 287
    4. Adam Dunn - 270
    5. Ted Kluszewski - 251
    6. George Foster - 244
    7. Ken Griffey, Jr. - 210
    8. Eric Davis - 203
    9. Barry Larkin - 198
    10. Vada Pinson - 186
    11. Wally Post - 172
    12. Gus Bell - 160
    13. Joe Morgan - 152
    13. Pete Rose - 152
    15. Lee May - 147
    16. Dan Driessen - 133
    17. Reggie Sanders - 125
    18. Ernie Lombardi - 120
    19. Sean Casey - 118
    20. Frank McCormick - 110
    21. Dave Parker - 107
    22. Chris Sabo - 104
    23. Dave Concepcion - 101
    24. Gordy Coleman - 98
    25. Paul O'Neill - 96
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

I will miss seeing his long home runs when he came to wrigley. Some of the balls that were just foul were even more impressive.

Thanks for the memories, Dunn. You'll go down in Reds history as one of the franchise's greatest hitters and probably one of it's most underrated and underappreciated players.

Go win a pennant in Arizona and face Junior and the White Sox in October. Then go launch a few monster seasons, preferably in the National League so I can still watch you a couple times a year.

And if you tee off on Reds pitching in the future, I won't hold it against you; the Reds will just deserve it.

Good luck.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

High five!

Let's also celebrate how incredibly durable and consistent his production was from season to season. Simply amazing how a big man could stay healthy, play 150 games a year and smack 40 HR.

A unique player, not without his flaws but a fascinating statistical study.

I wonder if Marty's wearing a shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Let's also celebrate how incredibly durable and consistent his production was from season to season. Simply amazing how a big man could stay healthy, play 150 games a year and smack 40 HR.

A unique player, not without his flaws but a fascinating statistical study.

I wonder if Marty's wearing a shirt?
    Don't forget that he tore a ligament in his thumb during a game against the Astros in 2003 and then later in that same game belted a walk off homerun against Brad Lidge. And then in 2006 he played half the season with a broken wrist and yet never told anyone about it. In 2007 he played through a bum knee before finally undergoing surgery with a week left in the season. He is the definition of durable.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 08-11-2008 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Don't forget that he tore a ligament in his thumb during a game against the Astros in 2003 and then later in that same game belted a walk off homerun against Brad Lidge. And then in 2006 he played half the season with a broken wrist and yet never told anyone about it. In 2007 he played through a bum knee before finally undergoing surgery with a week left in the season. He iss the definition of durable.
    What a slacker!
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Dunn has been my favorite Red for a long time now. Words can't adequately summarize how disappointed I am that he has been traded. I feel like this organization lost a big part of its soul today.

I hope he does a great job in Arizona and plays in a World Series this year. Arizona versus White Sox, please.

Two of my all-time favorite players wore #44 and were underappreciated by Reds fans: Eric Davis and Adam Dunn. I hate that Dunn will be smackin' homers and crackin' jokes in another uniform. He's an offensive force and I think we're going to feel the sting from this trade for a long time.

Here's to Dunn meeting up with his ol' buddy Junior in October for a few postseason laughs and trots around the bases.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Two words...

Walk-Off-Grandslam against the Indians

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I can't imagine ever seeing Dunn in another uniform, but I can only hope the fans in Arizona will be more appreciative of his immense talent and skills than the fans in Cincinnati ever were.

Dunn wasn't a bragger, wasn't a loudmouth, rarely complained, and showed up for work every day. His eye at the plate was a true gift and his power is something I'll consider myself fortunate to see again. He played hurt, he played hard, and he played with immense pride in his work.

As a fan, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Best of luck to Dunner -- go smack around the AL West and do something about those idiot Cubs while you're at it.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Reds All-Time Home Run Leaders
    1. Johnny Bench - 389
    2. Frank Robinson - 324
    3. Tony Perez - 287
    4. Adam Dunn - 270
    5. Ted Kluszewski - 251
    Four of the top five are Reds Hall of Famers, three out of five are MLB Hall of Famers. Not bad company, Dunner. Best wishes!
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Reds View Post
    Dunn has been my favorite Red for a long time now. Words can't adequately summarize how disappointed I am that he has been traded. I feel like this organization lost a big part of its soul today.

I think the Reds' brass made a decision that the Reds needed a new soul. The Reds' soul during the Dunn years has been a losing one. I'm happy for him because he has had to put up with an awful lot of losing.

I'm sorry to see Adam go but sorry too that the team couldn't have had more success during the years he was here. It certainly wasn't his fault. He's been a terrific, much underappreciated player who will be impossible to replace. With Griff gone and now Dunn, it's clearly a turning point in franchise history. Hope better days are ahead, but we should all be very appreciative of the effort and talent Adam brought to his play here. I will certainly miss the thrill of watching him bat, knowing that any at-bat could turn into a memorable home run.

Turn Off Ads?