Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dickerson to the Reds?

Dickerson to the Reds?

Dickerson not in the Bats line up tonight.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dickerson to the Reds?

Hal McCoy said it would most likely be Dickerson. I sure hope so as it makes the most sense.

I just heard from the Bats game that Dickerson in on his way for the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Redman15 View Post
    I just heard from the Bats game that Dickerson in on his way for the Reds.
    Good news. He deserves it.

Dickerson ended up hitting .287/.384/.479 - .862 with 26 stolen bases in 33 attempts. Hopefully he can carry that success into the majors and maybe take over the Reds center field job.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Good news. He deserves it.

Dickerson ended up hitting .287/.384/.479 - .862 with 26 stolen bases in 33 attempts. Hopefully he can carry that success into the majors and maybe take over the Reds center field job.
    I'd love to see Chris take the job and hold on to it. That would solve one problem. I'm going to be rooting for him - maybe he's a long shot to be any good in the majors but I like to root for guys like him who work a long, long time to get a shot. With the Reds outfield sitch as it stands now hopefully he'll get a really good look. The thing I fear is Chris on the bench while CPatt continues to start.

CenterField should be his job (Please, please, DFA Patterson, and get that guy as far away from Dusty Baker as possible) until Drew Stubbs trys to take it away from him.

Shaun Cumberland is going to put in his two cents next season and the one after that at some point.

Shaun Cumberland will be a six-year minor league free agent, so the Reds need to convince him to come back for 2009 or put him on the 40-man roster. I really, really hope the Reds are smart enough to do one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Shaun Cumberland will be a six-year minor league free agent, so the Reds need to convince him to come back for 2009 or put him on the 40-man roster. I really, really hope the Reds are smart enough to do one of those.
    At least I know now why he got the call-up to Louisville when he did. Not that he didn't deserve it, but he was borderline.

DFA Patterson and put Keppinger on the DL. Bring Cumberland up "AFTER" Louisville's season is over and let him try to hit some Major League pitching.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

The 40 man may have lots of room by December if Patterson,Bako,Coffey are dropped. and Weathers and Mercker might both retire. We will get the 2 PTBNL's from Arizona however. Anyone know if Buck has to be put on the 40 man.

Buck won't need to be protected from the rule five draft until the off-season between 2009 and 2010.

Turn Off Ads?