We had our catcher all along.

Interesting quote from Ken Rosenthal's column:

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8...13162&ATT=3498

"I'll do whatever," Dunn said. "If they want me to catch, I'll catch."
    Who knew?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Gary Redus Ruled

Re: We had our catcher all along.

Thats funny considering his not wanting to play first base after half ass trying it a couple years ago. Funny how going to a new team can turn guys into a "I'll do whatever they want" guy. Why didnt you help the Reds out by playing first base??
    I know I'm in the minority but im glad they got something for him.
    Last edited by Redus; 08-12-2008 at 08:42 AM.
    Hoping for another Reds October

I am soo happy to be rid of that guy.. he complains about everything including truthful announcers here, and now he offers to do whatever for a team.. if they are a real team and realize his defense is far worse than most realize they will ask him to ride the pine a few games a week..

Quote Originally Posted by Redus View Post
    Thats funny considering his not wanting to play first base after half ass trying it a couple years ago. Funny how going to a new team can turn guys into a "I'll do whatever they want" guy. Why didnt you help the Reds out by playing first base??

You answered your own question. Being a fellow Cincinnati sports fan I know this can be confusing so allow me to explain. See, players on teams that actually take the proper steps to develop and maintain a winning franchise tend to want to stay on these teams. Especially after coming from a team like the Reds. Players will take paycuts, make deals, work harder, and all the other things you rarely see in Cincinnati, just to stay on with a winning franchise.

Also, when you are playing for a winning franchise, you really look out of place if you are dogging it. As opposed to Cincinnati where you look out of place if you are giving full effort.

Hope this explanation helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhhorsepoo View Post
    I am soo happy to be rid of that guy.. he complains about everything including truthful announcers here, and now he offers to do whatever for a team.. if they are a real team and realize his defense is far worse than most realize they will ask him to ride the pine a few games a week..
    Thats not gonna happen and you know it.

I wonder if you are as happy when you see tonights lineup.

Thats not gonna happen and you know it.

I wonder if you are as happy when you see tonights lineup.
    Tonight's lineup is hardly a fair gauge of whether it was the correct move to trade Adam Dunn or not. We still don't know the names of the other 2 players to be received in the deal. And we don't know how the freed-up salary cap space is to be used. The lineup on Opening Day of 2009 is what should be focused on.

Turn Off Ads?