Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunn traded to DBacks

Re: Dunn traded to DBacks

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    To sign Yorman Rodriguez, the top rated Dominican prospect in this years International class. He turns 16 on Friday and is eligible to sign that day. The Reds have long been rumored to have a deal in place for Yorman and this all but confirms it.
    I thought Yorman was Venezuelan?
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    If it's a real tear down Phillips should be next.
    That should be Walt's 1st move during the Winter Meetings.

Find a new home for Phillips.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post

Well, if he does that, then his whole comment about the "untouchables" was strikingly honest.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    So, how much in contract money do the Reds have committed in 2009?

And I wonder what BCast will set the budget at?

I know I just heard the sound of the Reds hitting bottom. I just wonder how fast the rebound will be.
    I don't think the purge is done, or even close to over. Lots of current Reds are going to be out of jobs or elsewhere by next ST. Arroyo over the winter - I'd be surprised if he is back. Ditto Bailey. I'll bet the current losing skein finally convinced Bob to give Walt the go ahead to wreck this thing and build from the ground up.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post

Unless that new home is as the staring shortstop for the Cincinnati Reds, I disagree.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I thought Yorman was Venezuelan?
    Oops. Yeah he is. It's gotta be something with Yorman though as that's the only reason I could think he would be heading down that way.

So... who do you think are the players who end up staying?

Harang, Volquez, Cueto, Bruce, Votto, Encarnacion... ?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    I love a good teardown as much as the next guy, but when you trade your best offensive player while not being able to identify what you're getting in return.....It's not exactly gonna do much to instill confidence in said return.

Sometimes we don't find out who the PTBNL is for months. It could be december for all we know.

That's unacceptable to me, as it should for other fans who've invested so much emotion in a player who grew up as a Red, made his name here, hit 270 freaking home runs here, and played his guts out here (wether the BadFundamentals crowd wants to believe that or not).

Yeah, I'm pissed, and it's not exactly something that needs to be logically quantified right now.

PTBNL my arse.
    Brother. YOU don't know who the return is but you can bet the Reds do. I do agree though that Dunn had a strong emotional attachment to a lot of fans and this is going to be a "bad" trade in that respect no matter who comes back.

Best of luck to Adam Dunn. The Diamondbacks are a terrific organization, and I hope that the good environment they seem to have allows him to reach even beyond every bit of potential he has. And hopefully he will pick up a ring or two while he's at it.

Dunn was by far the brightest spot in this club for me through a number of very unbright years. He was a player that I think we were all fortunate enough to watch develop into something beyond even what most of us expected (ironic given the factors that hindsight has thrown in, but that is true). I had not followed the Reds for a number of years and it was largely this goofy sunshine kid who brought me back. My heart has not been so broken over a trade since Eric Davis; this may in fact surpass Davis given the fact that I feel Dunn never ever got his due here. To be ricidulously simplistic, I just can't believe I've seen him in a Reds uniform for the last time. That thought hits hard.

As to the return, I can't say it better than many of you have. I will be taking a serious break from this organization.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

High five!

Some more deets from MLBTR:

2:14pm: Jack Magruder says Dunn's remaining $4MM or so will be split between the two teams. He confirms the deal is for Buck plus two prospects to be named later. The price seems reasonable, and the D'Backs can snag a couple of draft picks when Dunn leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Brantley was just on WLW yapping about how the Reds are signaling a change in their philosophy for the type of team Jocketty is going to build.

He says we're going to focus on defense and speed, not sitting back and waiting on the home run.

The way he said it sounded like it may be the way the broadcasters and Reds management talk among themselves.

If this is true, this won't be the last player leaving.
    Pennant or bust!

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    So... who do you think are the players who end up staying?

Harang, Volquez, Cueto, Bruce, Votto, Encarnacion... ?
    On the current roster? Well, Hanigan, Keppinger, Cordero, and Burton...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Is the return any better than the draft picks?
    if Parker(who is not on the 40 man) is not in the deal the answer is likely no.

So is there anyone left on the Reds from the Bowden era now?

So much for the big thumpers in HR-crazy GABP.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio View Post
    No, Adam Dunn wasn't what's wrong with this team. Problem is there are so many things wrong, difficult decisions like this one sometimes must be made. What we don't know at this time is (1) who else will be heading to Cincy as part of this deal (2) who else is on their way outta town (that's 3 starters either dealt or let go in 12 days) and (3) how will Bob's $$ be spent in the offseason.

Stay tuned
    I have absolutely zero confidence that Bob knows how to spend his money effectively in baseball. All the evidence I need is in the free agents they've signed since he took over.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Turn Off Ads?