Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunn traded to DBacks

Re: Dunn traded to DBacks

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Dallas Buck's draft bio from BA:
    That's pretty interesting. Apparently the TJ surgery was long overdue. It's possible he hasn't been pitching at full strength since college. If that's the case, his upside coud be conceivably higher than middle of the rotation. A wildcard of sorts.

2. Turn Off Ads?

If it's a real tear down Phillips should be next.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Sad to see Dunn go. I can't wait to see the Reds start "winning" with a Padres-like offense.

Good luck, Dunn. I hope he blasts 15 home runs the rest of the season and drops a couple 1.000 OPS seasons on MLB the next few years. The Reds will deserve it.
    Yep.
    I wonder who the Reds fans and media will now blame if/when the Reds continue to lose?
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Adam Dunn would never get a Max Scherzer in any return. No way, no how.

I wish Dunn nothing but the best. He's better than the podunk operation he was a part of these many years.

Buck was very highly touted out of Oregon State -- a possible top 5 pick until his elbow started acting up. Now that he's had TJ surgery, he's on track to become a solid pitching prospect again. Very high GB rates. By himself he's probably better than the 2 picks, in my opinion. If the other two guys are borderline prospects (I'm hoping for one of Enright/Roemer), so much the better, but I figure the Reds weren't in a great spot to demand a lot here. I'm fine with turning the roster over, and young arms are the right target in any prospect deals the team can make.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Yep.
    I wonder who the Reds fans and media will now blame if/when the Reds continue to lose?
    Step right up Jay Bruce, you're next on "you better never fail cause OMG we are tHE rEDZ!"
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I'm afraid Walt Joketty has made a huge mistake.

I'm very disappointed.

Co-signed.

Dunner was my favorite Red. Very sad to see him go.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I'm sorry....I missed it.

Are the other two guys PTBNL or are we just waiting on the details to come in?

I wonder if they would have had the potential to get more in return for Dunn if they faced facts last year and realized that the team wasn't going anywhere anytime soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    I'm sorry....I missed it.

Are the other two guys PTBNL or are we just waiting on the details to come in?
    I thought PTBNL.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Guys, we weren't gunna get much of a return for a month and a half for Dunn, but why didn't Walt just take the picks if he is gonna get 2 PTBNL?
    As edabbs said earlier, PTBNL don't have to be junk/filler.... especially at this point. It likely signifies that they are on the 40 man, and wont neccessarily clear waivers (thus can't technically be traded right now). They could be basically anyone in the minors (Scherzer included).

Chris Reitsma could have been a PTBNL when we got him from Boston (as he was a post deadline trade for Bichette)... but I think teams let him clear because he was involved in a trade. He was considered a pretty interesting prospect at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    At least one of these guys have to be in the deal for it to be considered a decent return: Max Scherzer, Micah Owings, Jarrod Parker, or Miguel Montero.
    Excellent point, I was really pulling for the Reds to pursue Monetero...

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

...And here I thought it would be just your typical ease-back-in Monday at the office...

any FA's in the OF worth throwing money at this winter? I know the pitching market, but hadn't checked out OF so much. Never thought they'd not resign Dunner.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Turn Off Ads?