Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunn traded to DBacks

Re: Dunn traded to DBacks

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    They've gone totally bonkers.

Worst trade of my lifetime to be sure.
    Probably not if you factor in them probably deciding that they weren't bringing him back next year. Then, technically, it would be the three guys (including Buck) for 1.5 months of Dunn and a couple of comp picks.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Dunn and cash means the Reds are going to get good players back. Maybe Parker after the August 15th timeline. I hope I don't regret this but I'm going to trust Jocketty.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Jocketty: Adam, we really want to re-sign you.

Dunn: And I want to re-sign and finish my career in Cincinnati, Walt.

Jocketty: But I need you to do a favor for this franchise first.

Dunn: Sure thing, anything for the Reds!

Jocketty: We are going to trade you to a contender so we can get some extra prospects. Heck, maybe you will even get to play in the playoffs. Then, when the season ends, you can re-sign and come back to Cincinnati.

Dunn: Great plan! Where am I going?

Jocketty: Arizona. We haven't had time to figure out which players we are getting in return because I have spent my whole afternoon formulating this plan with you.

My dream...
    I emailed almost the exact same scenario to my brother just now. Ahh, if only.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

I may have missed this discussion earlier on, but is Dallas Buck any good?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

I don't think the two guys are filler. There was are reason that the Reds and Dbacks went down to the wire before this trade was completed.

Jocketty built the Cards into a powerhouse in the central. He built a WS champ and a team that went to the playoffs year in year out. IMO Jocketty isn't an idiot and there was a reason he traded Dunn to the DBacks. The Reds as an organizatoin "aren't drunk"

To me Dunn was overvalued by Redszone. When 4/5 of the teams in baseball don't put in a claim for Dunn that tells me something. He also spent the last two trading deadlines commanding very little in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Some things in life are bad
    They can really make you mad
    Other things just make you swear and curse.
    When you're chewing on life's gristle
    Don't grumble, give a whistle
    And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...always look on the bright side of life...
    Always look on the light side of life...
    Somebody posted that in the original "Milton Thread" a few years ago.

Doesn't bode well.

I think I'm gonna be sick.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    Regarding the official Reds release article, isn't this just a WONDERFUL tribute to Adam Dunn's history with the Reds, which is the only reference to him in the whole thing (except the intro paragraph, of course):

Disgusting.
    I completely agree. Dunn would have easily been the biggest slugger in the history of the franchise in just a few short years and they footnote the guy.

Marty Brennaman is an old coot.

1-9 without Griffey and we just traded our top run producer.

While I had to admit that the season ended after being swept by the Nationals, this officially lays it to rest. This makes Encarnacion our top home run threat (1/3rd as many as Dunn), and makes Phillips our RBI leader.

It will be extremely ugly from here on out. And perhaps for another few years.

Dunn finishes 4th in Reds history with 270 career homeruns. He became my favorite players when he was called up on July 20th of 2001. It's a shame the Reds didn't surround him with better talent. I'll miss him a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I don't think the two guys are filler. There was are reason that the Reds and Dbacks went down to the wire before this trade was completed.

Jocketty built the Cards into a powerhouse in the central. He built a WS champ and a team that went to the playoffs year in year out. IMO Jocketty isn't an idiot and there was a reason he traded Dunn to the DBacks. The Reds as an organizatoin "aren't drunk"

To me Dunn was overvalued by Redszone. When 4/5 of the teams in baseball don't put in a claim for Dunn that tells me something. He also spent the last two trading deadlines commanding very little in return.
    Well, two of us feel this way anyway. Rebuilding comes with some pain.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Probably not if you factor in them probably deciding that they weren't bringing him back next year. Then, technically, it would be the three guys (including Buck) for 1.5 months of Dunn and a couple of comp picks.
    Yep... worst trade?

This one stunk.. and continues to.

February 10, 1982: George Foster traded by the Cincinnati Reds to the New York Mets for Alex Trevino, Jim Kern, and Greg Harris.

I'd be willing to bet the other 2 prospects are Gerard Parra(OF) and Brooks Brown(SP) both are in AA Mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Well, two of us feel this way anyway. Rebuilding comes with some pain.
    Yes, I suppose the Reds are undeniably in rebuilding mode now. I just wish they could have done it more like the A's. You know, trade our good players at their peak value for a ton of prospects who then turn out to be much better than everyone else thought.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Dunn finishes 4th in Reds history with 270 career homeruns. He became my favorite players when he was called up on July 20th of 2001. It's a shame the Reds didn't surround him with better talent. I'll miss him a lot.
    I completely agree. I wish the rebuilding project had started years ago and featured a role for him.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    They've gone totally bonkers.

Worst trade of my lifetime to be sure.
    I think you are taking this a little far. Had they made this deal a year or two ago, then you might have a point. However with 2 months left in an absolute lost season and a FA at the end of the year? It isn't a huge deal if they weren't bringing him back, which obviously they weren't planning on.

Turn Off Ads?